Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Go Back to Where You Came From

I would venture to say that 99.9% of us have at some stage been told to GO BACK to Africa. And I'd also venture to say you remember when it happened.

I was in elementary school - about 7 or 8. A classmate bully named Gregory Streeter said it to me. I didn't understand what he meant at first, but then he went into this insult-laden commentary about how my skin was dirty because it was brown and started laughing at me. That's when I started to cry.

But I also remembered my other classmates, especially my friends Liz and Jennifer (whom I am still friends with to this day) coming to my rescue and him getting punished by my teacher and having to apologize to me.

Over the years, it has been shouted across the street at me and my friends, it's happened in clubs. 'Go back to [wherever].'

The fact that repulsiveness is coming out of the mouth of this president* doesn't shock or even surprise me. In fact, the only surprise is that it has taken this long for him to say it out loud. He is a racist. He has always been a racist. He was a racist when he was sued by the State of NY for housing discrimination against people of color. He was a racist when he demanded the execution of 5 innocent Black boys. He was a racist when he and his family of cretins stated birtherism. He was a racist when he spoke of a Muslim ban. He has shown us who he is and continues to show us who he is.

What I'm waiting to see is what kind of country the USA is, because his support among the republicans is soaring after these comments against the black and brown Congresswomen.

Are we heading for another civil war against white nationalists? Sure looks like it to me.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

2. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Go Back to Where You Came From

I agree that GOP is going for broke. They are taking no prisoners and obviously are on board with the demise of the nation. It will not be pretty.

We need some home boys in politics to deal with Lord Sith and his GOP Gang.
    KnottyAuthor aka Cheleski

The Knotty Truth Series: The OG natural hair care book series on natural hair,culture & science

4. Thanks HairLoveUs thanked for this post
    Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know - @KnottyAuthor what they just did in North Carolina yesterday is exactly what they are doing everywhere. I am so disappointed in what is happening. They are the first to call themselves Christians. I don't think their Christ would approve of their form of Christianity. How they reconcile it all... I don't understand.

6. Likes Joyfulocs, KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The struggle is real. I am struggling with the lack of substantive conversation about what is happening to society.

You don't know if you are talking to a real person anymore or a Russian troll. The GOP is in ful blown decepeacon mode. Lying to our faces, breaking moral codes, I mean look at what just happened in North Carolina with the overriding of a veto by planned deception. And hardly anything more than furrowed brows about it.

Makes you wonder where we're headed.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

8. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    And hardly anything more than furrowed brows about it.

Makes you wonder where we're headed.
    People think Martin Niemöller was an eloquent pastor. Nope. What he wrote is what's happening right now.

I'm wondering how to survive.
    I'm fearfully and wonderfully made from my scalp to the ends.

10. Likes deecoily, KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyfulocs View Post
    People think Martin Niemöller was an eloquent pastor. Nope. What he wrote is what's happening right now.

I'm wondering how to survive.
    Girl you, me and all of us are. Every day I look around at what's happening and it is really frightening. What kind of world are we leaving to our descendents? How have we allowed things to get so messed up? Oh wait, I know: GREED.
    ~Dee~

12. Likes Joyfulocs liked this post