Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hard water buildup after holiday

It seems like my post before didn't post (It's not visible on my account). So, I'll try one more time. I'm sorry if it posts two times now :/

Hi everyone :) I'm new here and couldn't find a discussion that fits my question, so I hope it's okay that I'm starting a new one.
    So, for the holidays I've stayed in Turkey with my family and while everything was great, the water unfortunately wasn't. I started noticing the lack of definition and shine after the first wash already. My hair is normally 2c-3a, but they look 2b now and are really dry. There weren't a lot of curly hair products, so stuck with the ogx clarifying shampoo. I had to leave that in Turkey, so I gave it to my cousin who also has curly hair. Back in Germany, I did an ACV rinse, but it didn't seem to work too much, but I definitely see some improvement. Some strands are even almost back to normal. Should I just keep on doing the rinse, or should I buy a clarifying shampoo? I was thinking the Joico K-Pak Clarifying Shampoo is good. Or do you recommend anything else? I'm on a budget and I never really had to deal with hard Water, so I'm kinda freaking out.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hard water buildup after holiday

Hi there,
    Hard water plays havoc with hair! I have used the Joico shampoo and it was OK, nothing special. Clarifying shampoos dry your hair out so if you use too often you will make things worse. They are really supposed to be used only once in a while to fix a problem, not for regular use.

If you want something that really works without drying your hair out, try a homemade mix. All you need is baking soda and ACV.

Mix 1 part baking soda to 3 parts water in a jar with a cap/top (a squeeze bottle is even better).
    Wet your hair thoroughly from the scalp to the ends, this is important - your hair has to be saturated with water.
    Shake the baking soda mixture until it is mixed evenly and there are no lumps.
    Pour/squeeze most of the mixture onto your scalp.
    Gently pour the rest over the crown of your head.
    Now using your fingertips, gently massage the mixture at the base of your hair, being careful not to rub (you don't want abrasion)
    Distribute the mix through your hair and let it sit for 2 minutes.
    Rise thoroughly with warm water.

Then do your ACV rinse and condition as usual.

This should remove any remaining buildup on your hair.

It works on all hairtypes.

Let me know how it works.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hard water buildup after holiday

Hey! Thank you for the tips. I will definitely try it out and tell you how it worked