Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hair "dries" out too quickly?

Hello beautiful ladies!

I have a 4c twa and I'm really getting into the groove of things. However, I've noticed that my hair just eats any kind of moisture within 2 days, maximum. So far I've tried Jessicurl deep conditioner, urban hydration honey health & repair daily moisturizer (My liquids), creme of nature moisture rich hair butter & sheamoisture curling smoothie (My cream/butter), Natural Hair Queens Butta Butta Cream and Sweet almond oil (My oils).

I use the LCO method because I think that works a little better for me, but whatever combination of my products that I use, it always seems on the 2nd day it needs moisture again. I've read around and some people manage to get their hair to stay moisturized for 7 days?? Lol How is that possible??

My question is - What are some sure fire ways to know for sure that I need to moisturize again? I've been gently pulling sections and seeing if it snaps back or not. I put 'dries' in quotations because I'm unsure if my hair is actually dry. When I spray water on it in the morning and pick/comb it through, I have little issues with detangling and it feels SUPER soft for a bit, then after 30 mins or so it gets dense but I can drag my finger through without snagging.
    Last edited by EloquentElixir; 12-05-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hair "dries" out too quickly?

I'm new too, hi! Have you looked into finding out what your hair porosity levels are? Also have you ever tried the GHE (greenhouse effect) also known as the baggying method. Works wonders for me.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Porosity is a big factor in finding out which method will work for you to keep moisture in. Check this article: https://www.nappturality.com/natural...-hair-porosity

Environment plays a role too. Low humidity, exposure to sunshine will dry you out faster.

Your hair will have a certain “feel” to it when it needs some moisture. I will put my fingers down on my scalp and draw out to the ends. If the ends feel a lot different from the base, I know I need some moisture.

4. Thanks LBellatrix thanked for this post
    Likes TweepsyLocs liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion needs to be found out what your hair porosity levels

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to give it to you straight as someone who first went (back to) natural long before all these products were out here:

TWA care is not complicated in the slightest. When I first had a TWA I would wet my hair in the shower every morning, blot it damp, apply a leave-in (I was using *gasp* Pink Oil back in the day), pick it out (or not), and that was all she wrote.

Note that "wet" doesn't mean "wash"...I would shampoo and condition my hair every 4 days or so but I would WET it EVERY day. And I never ever had a problem with dryness.

My definition of a TWA is hair that's 3" or less. I'm a 4b/4c but I think this regimen applies to pretty much any texture.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

7. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Likes Miss T liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! How much water do you drink a day? I know my hair looks dry if I'm not drinking enough water.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi ladies! Thank you for sharing with me, I apologize for not responding sooner ×_×

@NaturallyPosh: yes! I have lowish hair porosity. And no honestly, not really. I'll try to be more consistent with that though and see how it works!

@deecoily: I'll use that! Thank you!

@LBellatrix: in the morning before work I spritz it with water and gently work it through just to kinda wake it up for the day. I read around about detangling and recently decided to try only detangling and fully saturating on my cowash days (Wednesday's) and wash day (saturdays). I've never seen my natural natural hair until November 2019, so it's all new to me! I'm having complications because I'm not sure of anything lol! But I keep to my regime and see how my hair reacts and change it slightly every now and then.

@TweepsyLocs: I'm probably not drinking enough water, I've started to drink more though so we'll see how it turns out in time!