Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi there

Am Racheal, from Uganda this my first time doing natural and things are not going as I expected to,have loose my edges,my all hair is damaged 😭😭#,,I found this site when I was searching for African natural hair forums then this appeared on top

2. Likes deecoily, Jen32 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hi there

Quote Originally Posted by Rac.Nantale View Post
    Am Racheal, from Uganda this my first time doing natural and things are not going as I expected to,have loose my edges,my all hair is damaged #,,I found this site when I was searching for African natural hair forums then this appeared on top
    Hi Racheal and welcome to you! I am glad you found us.

Please tell me how you are caring for your hair. Are you transitioning to natural? How long have you been natural? What products are you using? How are you styling your hair?
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't braid my hair hair so much because I have it so I fear braiding will cause hair loss and I use Shea butter for mosturlizing my natural then livara spary,and livara shampoo

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With styling I don't often style my hair is too short

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, braiding will cause hair loss, especially when the tension is high or extensions are worn. Livara is a good product line from what I have seen, so you are doing the right thing. Take specific care of your edges by using a light oil with an essential oil. If you want to make your own, I suggest a jojoba oil base with a few drops of lavender essential oil and tea tree. The lavender is soothing and the tea tree is warming. Massage your hairline daily using your fingertips to help with blood flow. You success of growing back your hairline depends on the type of alopecia you have and how long you have had it. The most important thing is to be patient. It will take time for your hair to recover and grow back in. If you visit our Alopecia and hair loss section you may find more helpful information.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~