Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is your State / Country doing? How do you feel about it?

I am From Bangladesh. Now Days are going withing boring. Because, There is no job, no meet with friends. All the days are going with laptop and youtube.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah good luck suing China. Maybe the world can sue Trump for stupidity. I hear you on the deaths - My timeline on FB is full of people mourning family members who died of COVID. Multiple people in one family in some cases. It's heartbreaking. I knew that once the policies of staying home began to work, people would be eager to get back to "normal" too fast. The reason the numbers are slowing is because the system is working. It's like building a dam to stop the flow of water from hitting a town, then when the dam starts working, tearing it down because it's not needed it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ~GAN~ View Post
    I'm in Kansas City, Missouri and the state is tryin to sue China now.

Luckily, our mayor had stay at home orders in place around the time most other states were implementing it. I'm glad they are having us stay at home. I miss going to the gym and grocery shopping, but I'd rather get this out of the way now and be done before this has to go on longer than it needs to. Too many people are dying.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

3. Likes uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    I'm in Ohio, where Governor Dewine has said on May 1, we're slowly opening things up. Bars, restaurants and gyms. I'm very interested in exactly how this is gonna look like.

The first phase of the opening back up does not include bars, gyms and restaurants...DeWine changed his mind about that. Retail is scheduled to reopen May 15th.

The Stay At Home Order has been extended until May 29th.

5. Likes uzuri liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    Yeah good luck suing China. Maybe the world can sue Trump for stupidity. I hear you on the deaths - My timeline on FB is full of people mourning family members who died of COVID. Multiple people in one family in some cases. It's heartbreaking. I knew that once the policies of staying home began to work, people would be eager to get back to "normal" too fast. The reason the numbers are slowing is because the system is working. It's like building a dam to stop the flow of water from hitting a town, then when the dam starts working, tearing it down because it's not needed it anymore.
    Exactly. People think that they can easily go back to the life before Covid19. We were planning a trip to the Motherland next year in January and we have already resigned ourselves to the fact that it will not happen. But I'll not sit somewhere and mourn about that. It is what it is. We are all fortunate to be alive and free of this virus. So far so good.
    Keep safe everyone!
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard a virologist say today that COVID will most probably become endemic. So... vaccines every year, mutations, nothing is going back to the way it was before this happened. We've started to have restrictions loosened here in Oz, hit our 100th death today so it has been kept under control well, most people are doing the right thing. We will see how it pans out since we are heading into Winter now and the flu is coming. Since most of the population has not had it, if we're going to get slammed it's going to be within the next few months.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Austria. We were in lock down for nine weeks (only supermarkets, chemist and doctors were open). We are now beginning to cautiously ease lock down. Shops, hairdressers, restaurants and schools have reopened this week. We all have to wear mask, observe social distancing and regularly wash and disinfect our hands. Fitness studios will open next week. We will see if there is a second wave. Thankfully people are quite sensible here.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Arizona and everything has opened back up. Many people from California have started moving here in the state. The only difference now is that everything in the strip malls close at 7:00 pm Arizona Time versus when they use to close some stores at 9 pm. What is interesting how is people crowding bars and shopping malls like life is back to normal. I had to leave my government job to stay home and homeschool my kids because the schools were closed. I grateful that my family and I are doing okay and staying safe.
    Baby Dee

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Florida, and, well... we've got a good mixture of people who are wanting to be cautious and people who are looking to get back to "normal".
    I was hoping that the proletariat (in the US at least) would want to rise up after this or something but maybe that's still in the works.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nebraska sucks on all levels related to the pandemic response. We’re a republican state with a wanna be Trump governor. Omaha has a republican mayor. No one is doing the cooking sense thing when it comes to the pandemic.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I wish I lived in Colorado.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast