I'm currently in Australia where we are in a country-wide shut down. Most businesses have closed and we are under stay-at-home instructions. No gatherings outside of over 2 people. On the spot fines for people who don't follow the social distancing rules. Only things open outside essential services are supermarkets. Schools are closed because parents kept kids at home.

The country has basically shut its borders and if you arrive here now you are placed into forced quarantine for 2 weeks.

Millions have lost their jobs but today the government announced that if companies keep people on their payroll during the pandemic instead of firing them, the government will pay every employee $1500 per fortnight. The unemployment benefits have been raised to $1200 per fortnight for those who have no job to get back to.

People in small towns are ganging up on non-local people coming to their towns to escape. Some supermarkets in smaller towns have instituted "locals only" policies and won't allow people outside the area to shop there so supplies aren't hoarded.

The curve is flattening here but not fast enough. My family is in Rhode Island and Massachusetts so I'm keeping close tabs on what's going on there. Our family new normal is talking on ZOOM every other day. We've got elderly parents locked up at home so we need to keep an eye on them and make sure they have everything they need. We are in contact with them every day, sometimes multiple times a day. I'm still searching for a good game to play with my Mom over the internet. Any ideas?

Name:  IMG_6099.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  17.7 KB

~Dee~