Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Texturizer damage

About a year ago my mom put a texturizer in my hair. When she put it in she mainly focused on my roots because my hair is super thick at the roots. However she ended pulling it through so my roots came out straight. Fast forward to now when my hair has grown out, now I have about 3 inches of bone straight hair in the middle of my hair and curly ends and roots on the top of my hair. My hair looks crazy and I can't wear it down anymore but I don't want to cut because it's only in some parts and my ends are fine. I tried protein treatments and but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Texturizer damage

Hi @Vanitysam@ and welcome!

Oh wow, that's awful. Roots process faster than the rest of the hair due to the head from your scalp accelerating the process so that is probably why your hair straightened so much at the root. There really isn't any way to revert your (basically relaxed) hair in the middle because it is a permanent chemical process.

But you can try styling your hair wet, wet-setting with strong gels in order to hold curly coily styles. Try curly styles such as bantu knot outs, which will hold onto a curl while your hair grows out. The smaller the sections, the more coils you will get and the better you can mask that straight band.

Wash and go's just won't work with that straight band running around your head, because it won't match the rest of your hair. The good news is that from what you have explained, your hair seems to be growing well and this will only be a temporary problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitysam View Post
    About a year ago my mom put a texturizer in my hair. When she put it in she mainly focused on my roots because my hair is super thick at the roots. However she ended pulling it through so my roots came out straight. Fast forward to now when my hair has grown out, now I have about 3 inches of bone straight hair in the middle of my hair and curly ends and roots on the top of my hair. My hair looks crazy and I can't wear it down anymore but I don't want to cut because it's only in some parts and my ends are fine. I tried protein treatments and but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to remedy this?
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~