Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Loc build up. Don't know what to do.

Dye (depositing color) is generally a safe thing to do. Of course the more natural the product the better I do suggest going to a professional because you want to ensure that ALL the dye is rinsed out of your locs thoroughly after it has processed. This is difficult to do yourself. Being a man has nothing to do with dying your hair. Shoot you don't even have to tell anyone. I can tell you this a LOT of men color their hair. Not just Just For Men either. It is a sexy thing for a man to take pride and care in his appearance, believe me. Just ask any woman out there and she will tell you. LOL

Sometimes we all need to take a step back and look at what we've been doing with our hair. It can all get too much. Everyone is trying to push product on us, saying they do this and that, when they don't. And different things work for different people. I like to keep things simple, but effective. You will see so many "regimes" out there involving so many damn steps to get to a result. It's ridiculous. And it's expensive. So I hope you will find the most simple and effective routine for you by looking around here are real advice.

Lint can be a nightmare. It is inevitable though and all you can do is try to minimize it. And set some regular time aside to check your locs when you are sitting around relaxing. Make it a little routine and do a few at a time.

The Neutrogena looks like it will do the job - the one I used when I was locked was Davines SOLU Clarifying Shampoo. It is a clear reddish shampoo. It has a lot of long chemical words in the ingredient list but at the time I needed something that worked and it did.

Do you have any locticians near you? If you tell me your city I may be able to recommend someone you could go to for advice. They can take a look at your locs and give you some choices.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel you, thank you for all the advice. Yeah I definitely want to maintain healthy hair and a great look. Whichever way I can do affordably and effectively will be good.

I'm from London, UK. We're currently in lock down, everywhere is slowly beginning to open up but atm everything is either restricted or closed. I'd definitely like to speak to a loctician whenever possible.

Tomorrow I am going to try to give it a go and tackle my locs.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah we are in lockdown too. Restrictions are being lifted but our borders are still closed. No one in or out of Australia. 2 weeks quarantine if you want to come here. Don't know how long this is going to go on for but I think for a while yet.

Now is a good time to tackle that lint - it's not as if we can do much else anyway these days - all we have is time

~Dee~

Quote Originally Posted by Marselek Brown View Post
    I feel you, thank you for all the advice. Yeah I definitely want to maintain healthy hair and a great look. Whichever way I can do affordably and effectively will be good.

I'm from London, UK. We're currently in lock down, everywhere is slowly beginning to open up but atm everything is either restricted or closed. I'd definitely like to speak to a loctician whenever possible.

Tomorrow I am going to try to give it a go and tackle my locs.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mitchell Three is a deep clarifying shampoo that is amazing. fyi!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that this is very good advice.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you cover your hair when you’re inside and especially at nighttime? Do you brush your locs (they need to be fairly mature)?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karaoke_lola View Post
    Do you cover your hair when you’re inside and especially at nighttime? Do you brush your locs (they need to be fairly mature)?
    Yeah, every night. Nah I've never brushed my locs, I don't know if that'll do me any good. I've tried a tooth brush to get in the crevices but it done nothing but mess up my hair. Funnily enough the lint looking less n less visible and I haven't even done anything lol. It's like a had a flair up and now it's passed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the great advice about loc build-up. I'm still nervous now that I'm self maintaining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12