Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TEXTURIZER IN 4C HAIR didn’t keep the curls?

I applied a Texturizer with lye to my 4C hair, it turned to (Jheri curl) like curls while the Texturizer was in there. I was extremely satisfied with the results so I rinsed it out. Even when I applied the shampoo it was still very loose curls. HOWEVER, once I used the conditioner NEARLY all of the results(curls) went away. My 4c hair definitely has reduced shrinkage since, but not the results I expected or EVEN SAW in my Hair. What did I do wrong? Is there any way I can keep the loose curls I had? -My hair is 7inches -I am a male. -it was my first time doing it. Responses appreciated!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TEXTURIZER IN 4C HAIR didn’t keep the curls?

Quote Originally Posted by 4cHairMale View Post
    I applied a Texturizer with lye to my 4C hair, it turned to (Jheri curl) like curls while the Texturizer was in there. I was extremely satisfied with the results so I rinsed it out. Even when I applied the shampoo it was still very loose curls. HOWEVER, once I used the conditioner NEARLY all of the results(curls) went away. My 4c hair definitely has reduced shrinkage since, but not the results I expected or EVEN SAW in my Hair. What did I do wrong? Is there any way I can keep the loose curls I had? -My hair is 7inches -I am a male. -it was my first time doing it. Responses appreciated!
    Hello @4cHairMale

Welcome to First thing, is a texturizer is a relaxer. Lye or no lye, it is the same thing. Companies have been calling chemical relaxers texturizers for years now, but it is still a chemical relaxer. It looks like you may have overprocessed your hair straight. Unfortunately there is no way to reverse this process because the way chemical relaxers work is to permanently break the bonds in your hair that make your hair curl and coil.

The good news is that hair grows back.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TEXTURIZER IN 4C HAIR didn’t keep the curls?

Quote Originally Posted by 4cHairMale View Post
    The lye is not the truth. Our people are conditioned t believe that tight kinks are not good and loose curls are the truth. I challenge you to just take the natural road and embrace your 4C hair.
    The lye is not the truth.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012