Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bleaching question, my scalp is now orange!

Hi all,

I had dreadlocks for 8 years, and just recently cut my hair. For the past few months I have been going to a barber to get my hair buzzed, but yesterday I cut, bleached and dyed my hair myself....Well let me tell ya..

I ended up having to cut ALL my hair completely off because the color came out wrong (like now I have none what so ever), but my scalp is still orange!
    I thought within a month I would have enough hair again, and be able to go to a processional colorist! But now my scalp looks crazy though I have no hair on my head anymore. I have tried repeatedly washing it out, but to no avail. I thought I would revert back to normal, sans hair, but I didn't occur to me, my actual scalp was bleached. I used Clairol Professional Textures & Tones, 7g Lightest Blonde, Adorn Cinnamon, and Adorn Cajon Spice. Any Advice??

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Re: Bleaching question, my scalp is now orange!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi2022 View Post
    Hi all,

I had dreadlocks for 8 years, and just recently cut my hair. For the past few months I have been going to a barber to get my hair buzzed, but yesterday I cut, bleached and dyed my hair myself....Well let me tell ya..

I ended up having to cut ALL my hair completely off because the color came out wrong (like now I have none what so ever), but my scalp is still orange!
    I thought within a month I would have enough hair again, and be able to go to a processional colorist! But now my scalp looks crazy though I have no hair on my head anymore. I have tried repeatedly washing it out, but to no avail. I thought I would revert back to normal, sans hair, but I didn't occur to me, my actual scalp was bleached. I used Clairol Professional Textures & Tones, 7g Lightest Blonde, Adorn Cinnamon, and Adorn Cajon Spice. Any Advice??

Girl, OMG. Is there a sharp demarcation line around your hairline? My partner is a colorist and he says that an old school trick for emergencies (tho it's kinda gross) is to put some cigarette ash on a damp cotton ball and rub it into your hairline, this will fade the color so it's not so distinct on your hairline.

There is also a "color remover" liquid that you can get from hairdresser supply stores - but you will need to be careful applying it and follow the directions to the letter as it can be harsh. Your skin will shed the color eventually but it may take some time, depending how deep the color was deposited.

If there is a henna component, there is a chance that your scalp was dyed. Try not to apply color to your scalp because you never know how deep it may deposit. Do you have any photos to share?
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~