Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I woke up this morning so excited to show off my new do--I had tied it down last night with a satin scarf and doubled it with a satin sleep cap--just in case :thumbsup

Well, to my dismay the whole back of my head--my twists were all ---well twisted ??? So I had to retwist them all with aloe to straighten them out. I could not go to work on the 1st day like this!! So I took my time and retwisted all the ones in the back

I have gotten lots of compliments--that makes me feel good--but the only thing I can think about is having to do that every morning. The twists in the front and top are great--Nice and tight--but those little buggers in the back do not wanna stay twisted!!

HELP!!!

I don't wanna over twist do you ladies have any suggestions? Maybe I should twist and sleep with the clips on them?? My hair smells good too, I am sooo loving the cinnamin oil I put in the aloe gel. I am surprised that the aloe is holding so well--in the front and top that is--I thought it would be a light hold--I gotta be patient right ? Ok, Karmen settle down...it's only day 2...about a million more to go it will get better.. :blah :blah :blah

Well, ladies my husband still hasn't seen it. He will be home late tonight--he still won't cause by then my hair will be tied up and in true sleep mode---Oh, and don't think you gonna mess it up bra man!! :razz

I gotta get a camera fa ya'll cause ya'll gotta see how the whole back row is just coming aloose!! It'll get better...I hope!

c-ya

Da Mrs!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is your hair a different texture in the back da mrs? do you sleep on your back? i only ask because I have it seems softer shorter hair in the back - and I sleep on my back and my hair tends to rub off more - i think this is where alot of my breakage comes from. just curious to see if the rubbing against your sheets pillows scarfs could cause more unraveling - ??? I'll await the answers tho - cuz I have this problem too (for the times I've worn two strand twists for a week at a time - the back ones always unravel more than the front do.

so how did work go? your co-workers loved the look - did they? That is terrific! And what a surprise your hubby will have when he gets home! woot wooooo! You sound exactly how I'm gonna sound in a day! lol. Breathe in.... breathe out... you're beautiful and i'm sure someone will have a solution to your TEMPORARY opportunity (as opposed to obstacle... get it? )

Kari.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey girls--yep I sleep on my back, was trying hard not to last night though--I wanted at least the first day for them to look good--but the more I look at them they aren't looking so good to me I put some pics on--click my house at the bottom--

password: love

I think I need better lighting though will try again tomorrow!

Am I in depression already? Naww, I like my hair even though it is starting to go through changes

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can see...they are looking good.
    [color=red]Natural since January '01[/color]

[color=blue]Started Loc Journey 2/16/04[/color]

[url="http://www.fotki.com/NappyRed76"]My Hair Album[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NappyRed76@Aug 2 2004, 09:31 PM
    From what I can see...they are looking good.
    I agree

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good, Mrscrowder!

When I first started out I had a problem with the twists in the top. What I started doing was making them a little smaller.

Sorry to tell you - but they still kept coming apart when they felt like it.

But, you may want to give that a try.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are too cute with your little coils!

I can't tell from your pic, but if you don't have a lot of length in the back, that might be another reason why the coils in the back didn't stay.

I know it's early in the process, but understand that as time goes on, your hair is going to do its own thing. One big hurdle with this process is learning to let go. I'm not saying "let go" as in "don't do anything" but "let go" as in "let your locs loc in their own way."

Overtwisting is bad in general. If your hair is a different texture in the back, you might want to consider switching to braids in the back as others have said.

Good luck! :thumbsup
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ya'll!! I knew I would get the kind of support I need from everyone here. I have this funny spot right in the middle on the lowest part of my hair where hair just never grows???I think this is the longest my hair has ever been , but still no hair in that one spot ??? You all are right I just need to leave them alone--but its so hard though--I gotta get used to only twisting every 2 weeks until they loc---I felt better this morning about doing nothing to them just added some oil flushed 'em a bit and that was it!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My back row use to come undone also. By month 4, all was staying except for two in the middle in that row. I got so mad ops: one day I considered bees wax. That scared the h--- out of them and they got in line

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrs. I think your locs look lovely!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast