User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    starla73 Guest

I know that I remember seeing a few topic about this Indian hair oil before, but the search feature is down.

I have a few grey hairs and I bought some Vatika a few days ago. It says that it has henna and amla oil in it and that it darkens gray hairs.

Has anyone with gray hairs noticed any darkening using this oil? Is it subtle?

........or maybe I'd be better off just using a natural black permanent color such as Clairol, as I've done in the past.

Just thought that I'd try a more natural approach.

:heart

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump*

Has anyone here tried this oil? I use coconut oil on my hair on occasion. For those who have used this oil, what benefits have you experienced? Is it better than regular coconut oil or about the same?
    Last R.elaxer: Dec. 2003 Big Chop: March 4, 2005

"I know I'm not ordinary... Alright! I'm EXTRAORDINARY! What of it?" -Laurence of Arabia

When you discover what happens when your thoughts, feelings, and actions align, you have discovered the secret.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. --Harriet Tubman

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump*

Has anyone here tried this oil? I use coconut oil on my hair on occasion. For those who have used this oil, what benefits have you experienced? Is it better than regular coconut oil or about the same?
    [/b]

I have been using this oil for a little over three weeks now, and my hair is so darn soft and moisturized. I'd say its a little better than coconut oil because it absorbs better and has other stuff in it.
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer it over the regular coconut oil because of the fact that it is enriched with herbs. It also makes my hair really soft and silky feeling. The scent takes some getting used to but it's not terrible or anything.

info from site for those who may be interested:

Pure Coconut Oil with Henna, Amla and Lemon

Vatika is a premium Coconut Hair Oil enriched with Henna, Amla, Lemon and six other trusted herbs. Vatika's unique natural formulation ensures deeper oil penetration to give your hair and scalp complete nourishment for problem free, healthy hair.

HENNA, along with other herbs, coats your hair, protects it from oxidation, maintaining its natural colour.

AMLA, strengthens the roots of your hair to help maintain their health and natural thickness.

The astringent action of LEMON control sebum grow.

Directions for use:
    Apply Vatika hair oil regularly on your scalp and hair. For best results, leave it on overnight.

Ingredients:
    Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Fruit extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance.
    New hair album
    Updated 4/30/07

Old album
    R.I.P 5/16/04 to 5/16/06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fftop: naturalnyc i STALKED your fotki for twenty minutes!!!! lol im in lubb with your hair!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks ma!

i'm feeling your siggy :lol:
    New hair album
    Updated 4/30/07

Old album
    R.I.P 5/16/04 to 5/16/06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks ma!

i'm feeling your siggy :lol:
    [/b]

hehehe!!!! thanks! looking at your pics makes me want to wear a biiiiig puff when i go out dancing tonight...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a website to purchase Vatika Oil online? There are absolutely no Indian/South Asian places where I am.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Two nappies with lovely long, thick hair love this oil. I think I'll give it a try after I'm done with my jojoba oil. My hair is nice and thick for about 9 inches (stretched). The other two inches are struggling. Depending on how it works, I may incorporate it into my routine permanently.
    Last R.elaxer: Dec. 2003 Big Chop: March 4, 2005

"I know I'm not ordinary... Alright! I'm EXTRAORDINARY! What of it?" -Laurence of Arabia

When you discover what happens when your thoughts, feelings, and actions align, you have discovered the secret.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. --Harriet Tubman

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast