theomozo is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by pyogazel+Aug 11 2004, 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pyogazel @ Aug 11 2004, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-whzdm@Aug 10 2004, 06:11 AM
    I just got really upset looking through this website (which in all honesty is one of the most fabulous things going) with my sister...

She was ooing and ahhhing at the fabulousness of the afros she was seeing online...I have to admit that sisters look really good but...

I got mad

I WANT TO SEE IT BUCK

I want to see the total antithesis of being white...in my mind I am like "what is all this cute isht! Twist out, braid out, blow out, WHAT!!!

I am not saying that it isn’t cool they are but I want to see the real, I want to see
    "my hair will get me stoned and ostracized from western society"...

"my hair is so nappy I will never get a job in any company"...

so nappy you have to work for yourself...

It takes twenty four hours for the sun to reach its highest point in the sky, everything happens in degrees...If the sun was the ultimate symbol of the black woman or man what I want to see is that sista at high noon

I don’t want that which has been mixed, diluted or tampered with I want to see THE BLACK GODDESS, all black all napp, a Queen that only a brother who loves his black self unquestionably and totally, could possibly love her...

I want to see sisters who have shed all vestiges of western society...

I really want to see what I can be...you know

So I have put the challenge out there if you are BUCK step up and post a pic, a comment or simply feel what I am saying

Peace

BUCK THE SYSTEM
    I strongly desagee with this statement.
    I strongly desagree with this entire post , that sounds like the nappiest of nappy hair cannot be "cute".

beside

my hair can look smooth, my hair can look curly, my hair can look cottony
    ... and it&#39;s all good.

(1st picture : roller set afro, second picture : roller set twist out, third picture : plopped dry afro) [/b][/quote]
    BTW: NICE HAIR PYOGAZEL!!!

Very nice! :app

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for the compliment theomozo
    I agree with Afrikankween,
    whzdm, if you want to see what your hair can be, JUST DO IT
    :rainfro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Napptural women are the nappiest - and I mean that as a compliment.

My first thought was "I wish I could post a picture of my locs right now"

And I&#39;m buck allright - BUCK WILD!!!! :-cre

How about you do you and your own version of Nappy and Buck my sistah and post some pics!

zuky01 Guest

Originally posted by deecoily@Aug 11 2004, 03:07 AM
    This topic has been returned for comment

Just because a woman chooses to wear her napptural hair, it doesn&#39;t make her "militant". I think this is one of the myths we need to dispel. We are simply being ourselves. Not necessarily making a conscious statement AGAINST something.

~Dee~
    :thumbsup Thanks Dee.
    To my mind being Napptural is just who i am........ i dont need to be militant about it, because i dont need to prove a point to anyone.

Being militant about being Napptural = inverted slave mentality (i stand to be corrected)

I find that when people try to prove a point rather doing something for themselves, they get bored quickly which goes to prove that they were totally ignorant about why they started out in the first place. :heart

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief... :huh

Pyogazel and everyone else, thanks for representing!

Um...not all of us went natural to "buck" the system. Some of us did it because we wanted to have healthier hair on our heads and more money in our pockets. :lol

What other people have to say about these naps on my head (and rest assured, they most definitely ARE naps) take a DISTANT back seat to health, wealth, and feeling great about one&#39;s natural self.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuck if you buck!

:-)
    :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by whzdm@Aug 9 2004, 11:11 PM
    I just got really upset looking through this website (which in all honesty is one of the most fabulous things going) with my sister...

She was ooing and ahhhing at the fabulousness of the afros she was seeing online...I have to admit that sisters look really good but...

I got mad

I WANT TO SEE IT BUCK

I want to see the total antithesis of being white...in my mind I am like "what is all this cute isht! Twist out, braid out, blow out, WHAT!!!

I am not saying that it isn’t cool they are but I want to see the real, I want to see
    "my hair will get me stoned and ostracized from western society"...

"my hair is so nappy I will never get a job in any company"...

so nappy you have to work for yourself...

It takes twenty four hours for the sun to reach its highest point in the sky, everything happens in degrees...If the sun was the ultimate symbol of the black woman or man what I want to see is that sista at high noon

I don’t want that which has been mixed, diluted or tampered with I want to see THE BLACK GODDESS, all black all napp, a Queen that only a brother who loves his black self unquestionably and totally, could possibly love her...

I want to see sisters who have shed all vestiges of western society...

I really want to see what I can be...you know

So I have put the challenge out there if you are BUCK step up and post a pic, a comment or simply feel what I am saying

Peace

BUCK THE SYSTEM
    I&#39;m not sure where you live, but I live in America. I&#39;m not sure if you understand the history of this country, but it&#39;s very, very difficult for most of "us" to be the "total antithesis of being white". Many of us (whether by choice or by force) have been "mixed, diluted or tampered with". I can&#39;t make my hair do what it won&#39;t do. Now, that&#39;s not saying my hair isn&#39;t nappy, it is. My hair, however, won&#39;t "shed all vestiges of western society" because my hair is, in part, a reflection of western society. Two of my great grandmothers and one of my grandmothers were raped by white men. They decided to keep the children that were a result of this. These children had hair that wasn&#39;t the nappiest of the nap. Does that mean that we should get mad at them because they don&#39;t have that "get stoned and ostracized from western society" hair? I, and my hair, am a reflection of this. Does that mean that I&#39;m not a "Queen that only a brother who loves his black self unquestionably and totally" could possibly love? The wonderful thing about being natural is that I can fully accept who I am. It&#39;s quite unfortunate that our ancestors had to go through what they went through, but it makes us who we are today. Who most of us American Negroes are is a mixture of different cultures. I think it&#39;s wonderful that our hair shows that. I also think it&#39;s absolutely marvelous that regardless of what was done to us, our African heritage outshines all the rest. All natural hair is beautiful. My hair is doing exactly what God intended for it to do, and I have no desire to try to "prove" that to anyone, whether they be white, brown, black, yellow, or red.

JMO
    <div align="center">http://i43.tinypic.com/29qo8p4.jpg
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." ~Mohandas Gandhi</div>
    <div align="center">Crisp CoCo </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Applejacks@Aug 11 2004, 10:06 AM

I&#39;m not sure where you live, but I live in America. I&#39;m not sure if you understand the history of this country, but it&#39;s very, very difficult for most of "us" to be the "total antithesis of being white". Many of us (whether by choice or by force) have been "mixed, diluted or tampered with". I can&#39;t make my hair do what it won&#39;t do. Now, that&#39;s not saying my hair isn&#39;t nappy, it is. My hair, however, won&#39;t "shed all vestiges of western society" because my hair is, in part, a reflection of western society. Two of my great grandmothers and one of my grandmothers were raped by white men. They decided to keep the children that were a result of this. These children had hair that wasn&#39;t the nappiest of the nap. Does that mean that we should get mad at them because they don&#39;t have that "get stoned and ostracized from western society" hair? I, and my hair, am a reflection of this. Does that mean that I&#39;m not a "Queen that only a brother who loves his black self unquestionably and totally" could possibly love? The wonderful thing about being natural is that I can fully accept who I am. It&#39;s quite unfortunate that our ancestors had to go through what they went through, but it makes us who we are today. Who most of us American Negroes are is a mixture of different cultures. I think it&#39;s wonderful that our hair shows that. I also think it&#39;s absolutely marvelous that regardless of what was done to us, our African heritage outshines all the rest. All natural hair is beautiful. My hair is doing exactly what God intended for it to do, and I have no desire to try to "prove" that to anyone, whether they be white, brown, black, yellow, or red.

JMO
    Thank you! :app :app :app :app :app :app :app :app

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I would have to say that I disagree with the original post as well. Not everyone who is natural is militant. I had this conversation with some people a while ago back at school when I first started going natural. Two other girls that were also goin natural were raggin on ppl who had permed hair, making it sound like they were horrible ppl for not being natural. I don&#39;t think anyone should think that way. Personally, I dont&#39; have a problem with others perming their hair if they are willing to deal with the consequences of their actions. However, if you want to talk about ME or anyone else because we are natural, then there&#39;s a problem. To me, that tells me that you are buying into the whole mindset that "white is right" if i can use the phrase loosely. What I mean by that is that you are definetely denying yourself. Some would argue that just by perming your hair, you are denying yourself too, but alot of ppl do it for convenience as well. To each his own. I know I am rambling, but it is important that we understand that Militancy is not something that comes with being natural. Being natural is about being yourself, being proud, and being able to rise above the haters out there, cause, as we all know, they ARE out there.
    @ pyogazel - your hair is beautiful.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by deecoily@Aug 10 2004, 11:07 PM
    This topic has been returned for comment

Just because a woman chooses to wear her napptural hair, it doesn&#39;t make her "militant". I think this is one of the myths we need to dispel. We are simply being ourselves. Not necessarily making a conscious statement AGAINST something.

~Dee~
    I thought we were making a conscious statement against wearing relaxers. :-?
    For each of us it&#39;s a personal statement ( chacun a son gout, non?), but it&#39;s still a statement.

ETA:The militancy thing does bother me though.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast