Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peace sis..

i hate to jump on the bandwagon but i also have used Happy 2 Be Nappy's services in the past and was disappointed. they were over priced in my opinion, and didn't offer up much advice on how best to maintain my locs except to 'book another appointment.' i would also recommend going to the Spiral Gallery Collective down on Willis and Cass i believe, the lady in there is fair priced and she seems to have a vast knowledge on locs in general. Happy 2 Be Nappy seemed like a bunch of fake uppity neo-soul hipster rejects from the village in NYC...but that's just my humble opinion.

ShrtyLngLcs

...'a radio program aint just a figure of speech, dont sleep cuz you could be a radio freq'....dead prez

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with regards to the different salons mentioned, how are they as far as cost? can you give a sampling of cost? twists, coils, etc.?

blak.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kalimah started my locs. www.picnap.com
    I've been maintaining my own locs for the last 6-7 mos. I recommended someone to her from WSU and she was happy with her work. Kalimah is taking new clients at this time.

I must add, that I went to H2BN for my initial starter locs. I was unhappy with the service and prices. When I went for my 2nd visit, she put a comb in my head to comb through the coils. I was like Un, Uh and that was the end of that! She used what I now realized was Sea Breeze, but during the application she was like "oh its a deep cleaner." All she had to say was sea breeze.

I think Kalimah is $55 or $65 to start. She works out of her home which is a peaceful environment. Regular visits are $65 but I always paid her a $10-15 tip b/c thats how skilled she is.

H2BN was $100 b/c she cut my perm out. After that she wanted $75. I believe in tips, so that would have been 80-85. And you walk outta there smelling like inscense. Shortylonglocs hit the nail on the head with her description. ITA. Then, they in the back eating ham sammiches!! LOL

let me stop.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´m on a holiday in Farmington Hills, Michigan and I too was wondering if there are any natural hair salons/locktitians around here. Does anybody know of a loctitians that maintains locks by tucking the newgrowth in with a needle? My loctitian back in Holland does that but I would like to be pampered while I'm on my holiday

P.S. I Loooooooove the USA!!! :wub: we drove :icon_eek13: all the way to Queens,New York last saturday so we could be there on the 4th of July. I had a great time, but I was waaaay too tired to go watch the fireworks.
    If anybody recommends anything else that I should see while I'm in Michigan, I'm listening.

Love.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might catch rockinlocs (cherie king) in detroit before she moves. she uses a latchhook to tighten locks. pm her on the site, and she should be able to either help you or point you in the right direction. btw, she's in detroit.

she started my locks with braids over a year ago.

eta: check out the african american museum and the detroit institute of arts. also (i'm out of town), but have someone find out if there's a festival going on down at hart plaza. those are great 'specially the african world festival.
    http://public.fotki.com/londylocks --updated August 2010
    pw: strange fruit

follow me twitter: http://twitter.com/londyjamel
    check out my music: http://music.jdgreensoul.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanx. I'll PM her right away. I'll be checking out the museum next week and I'll probably go to downtown detroit tomorrow so I'll ask around for the hart plaza thing. Thanx again

AKAHLF Guest

There is a young lady inside the Truth Bookstore @ Northland Mall. Her name is Quiane (Like Diane, but with a Q). She's really good.

Don't have a number for her, but call the Truth Bookstore @ Northland or drop by and ask for her.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^bump i'm curious as to the prices for hair services kinky twists and strawsets specifically
    Homemade Hair Product Swap 2008

Last relax.er: December 9, 2003
    Big Chop: October 26, 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all......I am also a natural hair stylist in the area....I live in canton and would be happy to give u any info...I just moved back to MI from TX so I am trying to network as much as possible

my name is miikelle...., I also work from home

PM me at miikelle_b

I specialize in twist (w/o extensions), new locz, loc maintenance (palm or latch)...etc , kinky twist, straw sets ....etc

twistz and locz
    by miikelle
    miikelle_b@yahoo.com

[email]twistznlocz@yahoo.com[/email]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooh girl i will be PMin you