User Tag List

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KinkyB1216 Guest

Exclamation

Hey yall. Last night I made my own tea gel...I must tell everyone!

1 1/2 c water
    1 Tbsp flax seeds
    1/2 Tbsp glycerin
    1 tsp honey
    10 d grapefruit eo (preservative)
    5 d peppermint eo (or any eo of your choice)
    1 lipton tea bag

Steps: Boil water. Add tea bag and allow it to brew 2-5 minutes. Remove tea bag and add flax seeds. Allow flax seeds to boil for 15 minutes. If you want it thicker, boil longer. Allow it to cool. Then add glycerin, honey and the eo's. Apply to damp hair.

After I put this gel in my hair, it was shiny! My husband really liked the way my hair looked. It was soft, too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti Frizz Hair Rinse
    Materials:
    1 cup of oatmeal (to make your extract)
    2 cups of hot water
    cheesecloth
    1 cup of white vinegar
    2 cups of water
    Instructions:
    Take the oatmeal and pour the 2 cups of hot water over it, stir. Let this mixture sit overnight.(up to 3 days at room temp.) This will make your oatmeal extract.
    When you are ready to make your recipe, get a clean bowl out and lay the cheesecloth inside
    with the edges hanging out. Pour the oatmeal mixture in. gather up the cheesecloth and squeeze out the oatmeal "juice" into the bowl. Add the vinegar and the 2 cups of water. Pour into a container. Use as a rinse after you wash your hair.

(I like the idea of the carrot macerate.)

Carrot and Avocado Hair Treatment Arrow
    Materials:
    This is a nourishing treatment for dry and neglected hair. Use jojoba oil as the base for the carrot macerate. These ingredients are suffient for one treatment.
    10mL/ 2 tsp carrot macerated oil*
    1 ripe avocado
    Instructions:
    Prepare the macerated oil with the jojoba oil and carrot (*see below). Mash the avocado, then blend it with the oil to make a paste. Apply the mixture to the hair and scalp and leave for one hour. Wash off, using a mild shampoo with added lemon juice.
    For Carrot Macerate:
    Place the grated carrot in a bowl. Cover the carrot with jojoba oil. Place the bowl containing the mixture over a pan of boiling water and heat for 1 hour. Remove from the heat, strain and repeat with fresh carrot. Strain and pour into a dark glass bottle.

The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This msg is not directed to any in particular just someone who can HELP ME! I'm new to this forum and pratically new to the whole natural journey. I've been natural for about 1 1/2 months now and I've been trying every in-store product there is. Given the fact my hair is short right now, the look I've trying to achieve is the curly moisturized/shiney look. My current daily regimen is a mixture of shea butter leave in conditioner(something I bought at a beauty supply store) diluted w/water and tea tree oil. It's all mixed in a spray bottle; I dampen my hair in the morning then I rub some of the tress transistions curl defing gel by lottabody along with a little glosser and go. This gives me a nice curly look with a little shine but by the end of the day I'm all dried out. Any suggestions I've been reading a lot of these receipes but I'm not sure if it's for locs, twists, etc. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!! :dunno:

[B][I][FONT=Times][SIZE=1]

Portia Guest

Originally posted by au naturale@Sep 29 2005, 03:52 PM
    This msg is not directed to any in particular just someone who can HELP ME! I'm new to this forum and pratically new to the whole natural journey. I've been natural for about 1 1/2 months now and I've been trying every in-store product there is. Given the fact my hair is short right now, the look I've trying to achieve is the curly moisturized/shiney look. My current daily regimen is a mixture of shea butter leave in conditioner(something I bought at a beauty supply store) diluted w/water and tea tree oil. It's all mixed in a spray bottle; I dampen my hair in the morning then I rub some of the tress transistions curl defing gel by lottabody along with a little glosser and go. This gives me a nice curly look with a little shine but by the end of the day I'm all dried out. Any suggestions I've been reading a lot of these receipes but I'm not sure if it's for locs, twists, etc. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!! :dunno:
    [snapback]1017086[/snapback]
    The recipe I came up with was curl activator (world of curls) mixed w/regular conditioner, & aloe vera gel this works for me. It might work for you too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it leave your hair greasy? I had a curl back in the days and I hated that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Portia,
    I hope you get a chance to read this I followed your suggestions and all I can say is so far so good. Thanks girl!!! Let me calm down I've only been using it for one day. Anyway I purchased the aloe vera gel and curl activator, the curl activator is actually a lite activator something you can use on natural hair also. I added some honey conditioner I purchased from a lady I know that makes homemade hair products along w/a little melted shea butter. My hair is so soft, non-greasy, and I can see my curls!! Also the day is about over and dryness has not struck me. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my plea for help.
    Originally posted by Portia+Sep 29 2005, 08:01 AM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-au naturale
    @Sep 29 2005, 03:52 PM
    This msg is not directed to any in particular just someone who can HELP ME! I&#39;m new to this forum and pratically new to the whole natural journey. I&#39;ve been natural for about 1 1/2 months now and I&#39;ve been trying every in-store product there is. Given the fact my hair is short right now, the look I&#39;ve trying to achieve is the curly moisturized/shiney look. My current daily regimen is a mixture of shea butter leave in conditioner(something I bought at a beauty supply store) diluted w/water and tea tree oil. It&#39;s all mixed in a spray bottle; I dampen my hair in the morning then I rub some of the tress transistions curl defing gel by lottabody along with a little glosser and go. This gives me a nice curly look with a little shine but by the end of the day I&#39;m all dried out. Any suggestions I&#39;ve been reading a lot of these receipes but I&#39;m not sure if it&#39;s for locs, twists, etc. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!! :dunno:
    The recipe I came up with was curl activator (world of curls) mixed w/regular conditioner, & aloe vera gel this works for me. It might work for you too.
    [snapback]1017102[/snapback]
    [/b]

Portia Guest

Originally posted by au naturale+Oct 1 2005, 12:05 AM-->
    Hi Portia,
    I hope you get a chance to read this I followed your suggestions and all I can say is so far so good. Thanks girl!!! Let me calm down I&#39;ve only been using it for one day. Anyway I purchased the aloe vera gel and curl activator, the curl activator is actually a lite activator something you can use on natural hair also. I added some honey conditioner I purchased from a lady I know that makes homemade hair products along w/a little melted shea butter. My hair is so soft, non-greasy, and I can see my curls!! Also the day is about over and dryness has not struck me. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my plea for help.
    Originally posted by Portia@Sep 29 2005, 08:01 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-au naturale
    @Sep 29 2005, 03:52 PM
    This msg is not directed to any in particular just someone who can HELP ME! I&#39;m new to this forum and pratically new to the whole natural journey. I&#39;ve been natural for about 1 1/2 months now and I&#39;ve been trying every in-store product there is. Given the fact my hair is short right now, the look I&#39;ve trying to achieve is the curly moisturized/shiney look. My current daily regimen is a mixture of shea butter leave in conditioner(something I bought at a beauty supply
    store) diluted w/water and tea tree oil. It&#39;s all mixed in a spray bottle; I dampen my hair in the morning then I rub some of the tress transistions curl defing gel by lottabody along with a little glosser and go. This gives me a nice curly look with a little shine but by the end of the day I&#39;m all dried out. Any suggestions I&#39;ve been reading a lot of these receipes but I&#39;m not sure if it&#39;s for locs, twists, etc. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!  :dunno:

[snapback]1017102[/snapback]
    [snapback]1019253[/snapback]
    [/b]
    You welcome. Now I need to find a good oil and water mixture for my hair. Do you have any ideas? I tried a recipe for buttercreme I found on here yesterday. I loved it when I find it again I&#39;ll pm you the link.

sonce Guest

Originally posted by Chichikinks
    I just made this Creamy Hair Cream and it is so creamy and melts right into your hair. It made my super dry hair melt like a candle...very soft. Makes]
    @1/2 cup of shea butter
    1/2 cup of mango butter
    Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
    (Melt or mash butters and oil together)
    Add 1 tablespoon of Vitamin E Oil as preservative
    Add 3 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel
    Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of Emu Oil
    Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of Olive Oil
    Add 1/4 cup or more of Castor Oil
    Add 10 drops of Lavender EO
    Mix all ingredients together until it gets really creamy and fluffy.
    ~~Enjoy
    I thought I&#39;d try Chichikink&#39;s recipe out. I didn&#39;t follow the recipe exactly—it acted more as inspiration than rule book for my own concoction. The main difference is that I replaced the mango butter and coconut oil with cocoa butter and palm kernel oil, added carrot oil, and chose rosemary essential oil instead of lavender. The resulting recipe is this:

1/3 cup Shea Butter
    3 tbsp Cocoa Butter
    3 tbsp Palm Kernel Oil
    1 tbsp Vitamin E oil
    2 tbsp Emu Oil
    2 tbsp Olive Oil
    3 tbsp Castor Oil
    3 tbsp Carrot Oil
    10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil

I melted the Shea and Cocoa butters by placing them in a jar immersed in very hot water (just below boiling). Then I stirred in the oils in no particular order (with the jar still immersed in very hot water) and droppered in the rosemary essential oil. Afterwards, I placed the jar in a cold water bath and then left it in the freezer overnight. This morning the mix was pomade-like in consistency with a medium orange color (from the carrot oil). The smell is very yummy—somehow the chocolatey scent of raw cocoa butter mixes well with rosemary. What I particularly like about it is that its smooth and creamy but when I rubbed it into my skin, it absorbed very quickly and left it soft, moisturized, but without any residue of oiliness. My main gripe with oils and butter-based creams has always been that they leave my skin greasy and slippery regardless of how much rubbing I do. This mix is different and I love it! Thanks for the idea Chichikinks I’m going to use it on my skin and hair.

Portia Guest

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hempy Chick Hair Pomade

Yield: Approx. 10 ounces
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Price Category: 3
    Difficulty Level: 1
    Shelf Life: Indefinite

Ingredients:
    6 ounces organic hemp seed oil
    2 ounces babassu oil
    1 ounce beeswax
    1 ounce shea butter (unrefined, Ghana)
    1/8 ounce ylang ylang essential oil
    3 drops clove essential oil
    1 drop geranium essential oil
    1 drop sandalwood essential oil
    1 drop neroli essential oil

Blending Procedure:

1. Combine hemp seed oil, babassu oil, beeswax and shea butter in a heat proof measuring cup (Pyrex is nice to use). Place the cup containing the oils and butter into a pan of boiling water and heat until wax is nearly melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat once the wax is nearly melted.

2. Stir the mixture to make sure all wax has melted into the liquefied oils. Add the essentail oils and stir again to ensure the mix.

3. Pour Hempy Chick Hair Pomade into clean jars and allow to cool before capping. You can store this for up to about 3 months. As always, be sure to use clean fingers to dispense the product to minimize contamination.

4. To use Hempy Chick Hair Pomade, massage it into the scalp and hair ends while your hair is still wet from shampooing. Comb through and enjoy the curls, volume and radiance!!

From makeyourcosmetics.com
    The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast