Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well her name is Yaba...she does teach a couple of classes if im not mistaken...you just might know her!! im glad you enjoy it so much!!! shes got a real passion for what she does...
    ~T~
    [/b]

I know Yaba too!! We had an African Dance class together with Mama Kariamu.
    She is a beautiful person!! :wub:

P.S. Counseling Psych grad student here!
    Fairleigh Dickinson University, MA Counseling Psych grad student!

Got myself a Fotki!

[url="http://public.fotki.com/Sunkissed3008/"]http://public.fotki.com/Sunkissed3008/[/url]
    pw:curlygurly

<div align="center">[img]http://images42.fotki.com/v1379/photos/1/1290095/5979390/IMG00219vismall-vi.jpg[/img]</div>

<div align="center">Rest In Peace, Dear Irene. I will love you forever...</div>

<div align="center"> [b] [i] [SIZE=2]~ Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ~[/SIZE] [/i] [/b] </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody going for school psychology? I am really interested in this and getting to work with young kids.
    [/b]

Hey there! I just got my BS in psych (after what seems like the longest 6 years of my life) but in my freshmen and sophomore years I worked with behaviorally and emotionally disturbed youth and I have also worked with autistic children. Are there any mentor or youth advocate programs in your area?
    "[b]Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind -- even if your voice shakes"--Maggie Kuhn[/b]
    [url="http://members.fotki.com/emmeD/about/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah there are a few of those programs where I live. Its cool that you have gotten to work with autistic kids...were they extremely difficult to work with?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. Counseling Psych grad student here!
    [/b]
    Me too! ^_^
    My program is for Clinical Counseling but they offer different I/O Psych specializations (I&#39;m on the counseling and consulting track).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah there are a few of those programs where I live. Its cool that you have gotten to work with autistic kids...were they extremely difficult to work with?
    [/b]
    I worked with tots and both of my boys were sensory seekers so they were not the typical &#39;leave me the f*** alone or i will bite, kick or scratch you&#39; autistic child however i have been clawed a few times and had to deal with many a tantrum but it is a very rewarding job. The youth advocate or mentor programs deal with kids of normal cognitive capacity so they know what they doing they just bad as hell LOL. Did you want to get paid for your work or are you willing to volunteer?
    "[b]Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind -- even if your voice shakes"--Maggie Kuhn[/b]
    [url="http://members.fotki.com/emmeD/about/"]My Fotki[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very willing to volunteer...although money is nice lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m a Ph.D student in a related field, Counselor Education. I just started a little online network specifically for black Ph.D students in Counselor Education (and related fields). I&#39;m still in the process of setting up some parts of it. I thought I&#39;d let you all know about it. I&#39;d love for you all to check it out and join!! It&#39;s mainly for us to network (research, writing, conferences, etc), share information, and just talk/support one another in our endeavors, etc. If you&#39;re interested, send me a message with your name and field and I&#39;ll send you the link once I finish with setting it up. My schedule is pretty busy this summer, so I&#39;m hoping to have it ready by August sometime, maybe sooner.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314