User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Welcome!

mrandmrsmer Guest

Being the moderator for this board, I'd like to formally welcome all to Napptural Children and Parenting. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I have a problem that I need some advice on..my daughter has very kinky, coarse hair so when she was 3, I started to perm it with a kiddie perm. At this time, I did not know all the damaging effects that I was doing to her hair, plus I have a naturally curly hair texture and I know have come to terms with knowing that I really do not know how to care for my daughters hair in a natural state, but this is so desperately my desire for her hair. :violin Last year, she developed a hair loss spot that I ignored until it was too late. It is a rather large spot and the hair is all the way down to the scalp. It has grown back very little since then. I took her to the doctor and she was diagnosed with Alopecia :smug , which the doctor said was hereditary from my husband, but now, I have to learn how to care for her hair the right way so that it does not continue to spread and fall out. I have not permed her hair in over a year and I myself have went natural as well. I feel terrible b/c I felt like I have ruined her hair and she is 9 years old and wants to begin to wear her hair in styles, but with the spot, we have to style her hair in pony tails to hide it. Plus, the doctor said not to put stress on her hair, so no braids and of couse no chemicals, which I am completely rid of. Please can some one help me with some advice that can restart her hair growth and what natural hair care products can I use for like after shampooing so that I can comb it out, moisturize, and maintain sheen in her hair. -coco_knky

Diyah is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if her diet can help???

I don't know for sure but it seems like a good idea to get her eating right so it doesn't progress.

Good Luck
    Dont mind me...im nutz
    ...no really, I am...come see me!!!
    NO PASSWORD NEEDED!!!

Indira Varma...
    http://www.cinemania-inc.com/year199..._kamasutra.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dd has never had a relaxer but she does have eczema in her scalp. She developed it when she was only 6 months old, she is now 6 years. When she gets an outbreak it takes her hair out in patches leaving bald spots. I use Nature blessing hair pomade on scalp especially in the bald spots and I spray her hair every day with infusimum 23 (not sure if I spelled that right) leave conditoner. Her is growing all over and the bald spot are blending in. This is a continuing battle because she usually gets ecxema in the same area of her head. I have gotten very crafty with hairstyles that hide her bald spots and make happy with her hair. I hope this helps.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closed Thread.