Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just recently did the bc at a salon, but I still have some relaxed ends. I did the two strand twist last night and the ends would not stay. What should I do? I have heard that it is hard to cut all the relaxed ends off. What have you done in this situation?

Niya is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I do?
    go back and cut them off.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite what the stylist said, you know your hair. If there are relaxed ends left, you might want to contact her to let her know she did a horrible job. or, you can just finish the job yourself.

also, a lot of people have randow strands of straight hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut them off yourself. When relaxed hair is cut off it is cut off and nothing would remain.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

closely examine your hair before assuming that what you are seeing is relaxed hair. your short natural hair may actually be interspersed with natural straightish textures.

when my hair was short (4 inches or so) i had a stylist put 2-strands in my hair and she was convinced that i still had relaxed hair in the back. i told her that that's the way my hair grows in the back, but she didn't believe me. she wanted to snip them off, but i told her not to.

when my hair is shorter, it doesn't have curl, coil, or wave along the strands and ends, so it appears stringy and straight, when in fact that is my natural texture.

just something for you to think about before you return to the stylist or attempt to cut your hair yourself.

I felt so bad, but so deliciously satisfied. --gigglezk

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. -- unknown

I asked, "What is Kemi Oyl?" and she replied, "Kemi Oyl." Then I asked, "What is a Kemi?" She read the bottle, then said she didn't know. "Maybe a plant."
    --Drizzle

mama-mia is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by thunderstorm@Sep 27 2004, 06:47 AM
    closely examine your hair before assuming that what you are seeing is relaxed hair. your short natural hair may actually be interspersed with natural straightish textures.

when my hair was short (4 inches or so) i had a stylist put 2-strands in my hair and she was convinced that i still had relaxed hair in the back. i told her that that's the way my hair grows in the back, but she didn't believe me. she wanted to snip them off, but i told her not to.

when my hair is shorter, it doesn't have curl, coil, or wave along the strands and ends, so it appears stringy and straight, when in fact that is my natural texture.

just something for you to think about before you return to the stylist or attempt to cut your hair yourself.
    As I've gotten to know my hair :-P I'm finding I have some straight hairs and some ends that do not curl, zig or bend. Weird but true.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mama-mia+Sep 27 2004, 08:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mama-mia @ Sep 27 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thunderstorm@Sep 27 2004, 06:47 AM

when my hair was short (4 inches or so) i had a stylist put 2-strands in my hair and she was convinced that i still had relaxed hair in the back. i told her that that&#39;s the way my hair grows in the back, but she didn&#39;t believe me. she wanted to snip them off, but i told her not to.

when my hair is shorter, it doesn&#39;t have curl, coil, or wave along the strands and ends, so it appears stringy and straight, when in fact that is my natural texture.

As I&#39;ve gotten to know my hair :-P I&#39;m finding I have some straight hairs and some ends that do not curl, zig or bend. Weird but true. [/b][/quote]
    Yes that&#39;s true but there is a distinct difference between relaxed ends and somewhat straight hair. I agree that you should examine it but YOU know YOUR hair and the difference between when it&#39;s realxed and when it&#39;s natural. There is nothing wrong with cutting above the line of demarcation (where relaxed and natural meet). It is actually better for your hair because you know for sure that your hair is healthy. If you don&#39;t have enough, then wait a little and then cut some more, just make sure you&#39;re caring it and it won&#39;t be a problem. HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by thunderstorm@Sep 27 2004, 02:47 PM

when my hair was short (4 inches or so) i had a stylist put 2-strands in my hair and she was convinced that i still had relaxed hair in the back. i told her that that&#39;s the way my hair grows in the back, but she didn&#39;t believe me. she wanted to snip them off, but i told her not to.

when my hair is shorter, it doesn&#39;t have curl, coil, or wave along the strands and ends, so it appears stringy and straight, when in fact that is my natural texture.

I agree.

If you are sure you still see relaxed ends, the contact her for another appointment or clip them off yourself...but I&#39;d wait awhile and monitor your hair and see if it&#39;s just not a part of your natural texture.
    We have all established that our hair is different....At the end of the day we pride ourselves as being NAPPY! [b]Let this quest for right and wrong go[/b] - RoseBurnt

[url="http://public.fotki.com/melanizm13"]UPDATES[/url]...12/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your two-strand twists are staying from the root up until you reach the end of the plait, then you are noticing a change in the texture (twists not staying), then more than likely, there are permed ends. I guess if you don&#39;t want to do it yourself, go back to the salon and ask the stylist to trim off the ends, since they are easier to recognize now that you have the two-strand twists in.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I did the BC I still had straight ends sticking up all over the place and so I just kept snipping them every time I washed my hair. I read somewhere that if you have been perming for a long time, it may take a while for that permed hair to go. You form a film on the inside of the scalp and sometimes it takes a while for your natural hair to actually start coming through full force. For me I had to do 2 major :cen before I started to see less straight ends. I still have a few here and there after not perming since Dec 03 and I still cut them if it is very noticeable, but I have just a FEW. To ease your mind you could just do another cut once your afro grows out a bit. Don&#39;t worry, it grows back very fast, and with shrinkage it may be hardly noticeable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast