Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I knew that nursing school was going to be hard, but that was a true understatement. This is my first year of nursing school (RN). I am having a really tough time. To pass, you must make a "C" or better in the nursing courses. Right now, I have a high "D", and I have two more tests and a final exam to go. I really feel like I am going to fail. It seems like everyone else in the class is doing so much better than me. I try to put on a front (like I'm doing well), but I'm not sure how much more I can take. I tried to look online for a support system for student nurses, but I couldn't find one. I have until Nov 2 to drop my class without it affecting my GPA. So, for those who have been in my shoes (or knows someone who has), please help! Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated. Peace and Love!
    I'm a Proverbs 31 woman: A virtuous woman who fears the Lord.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent quite been there but :blab
    <div align="center">
    OBAMA &#39;08!

~~ : ~~
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed,
    but nothing can be changed unless it is faced."
    ~James Baldwin
    ...:::...
    *itch and moan all you want, but unless and until you ACT, change will not occur.
    ~Ms. Custard

3 years loc&#39;ed!! Latest photos can be found HERE!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...zM8/weight.png
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We&#39;ll my mom is a college professor and teaches nursing and is the assistant director of the program at a university in california. She was telling me last week that the programs are hard but that the students either do not take advantage of the twice a week tutoring sessions she offers her students, or do what you do act like they are doing well and really they aren&#39;t. I do not know if your teacher offers study time with them outside of the class, but I encourage you to find out, set a study group and utilize your teacher. That is their job, what they get paid for and some of them ( like my Mom) are discouraged when they offer help and their students dont utilize them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to advise you to seek help, if it&#39;s needed. In your case, you need to see if you can formulate some type of study group. Seek out member&#39;s of your class, whom you know are doing well and ask them to go over miss-understood material with you. Don&#39;t let it continue to be a thing wherein you are pretending to be doing well(when in-fact you are barely staying afloat). You want to get the help ahead of time, in-order not to be dropped and or have to start over in the program. Don&#39;t be ashamed to ask for help, and to say I don&#39;t know, or understand. This is your life, and you want to make sure that you not only understand the material but are and will be a capable nurse.

My husband is now in the nursing program, maybe I can get him to drop a few word&#39;s of advise. I hope!!! :smug

I wish you the best in your studies....

~peace~ :thumbsup
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

- T. E. Lawrence (1888 - 1935)

Cami213 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this linkForNursesOnly...and prayer always helps me to calm down before I take an exam, BEST WISHES!!!! :thumbsup
    Live and Learn

-Me

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by blondnaps@Sep 29 2004, 11:58 PM
    She was telling me last week that the programs are hard but that the students either do not take advantage of the twice a week tutoring sessions she offers her students, or do what you do act like they are doing well and really they aren&#39;t. I do not know if your teacher offers study time with them outside of the class, but I encourage you to find out, set a study group and utilize your teacher. That is their job, what they get paid for and some of them ( like my Mom) are discouraged when they offer help and their students dont utilize them.
    Unfortunately, my school does not offer tutors for the nursing program (it&#39;s a very small school). I did go to my professor today and speak with her about my situation. She really encouraged me, and she said that she respected that I recognized that I had a problem and attempted to get help for it right away. Here&#39;s the solution to my problem: I have a bad case of test anxiety. I know the info backwards and forwards, but when I get the test in my hand, I freak out! So, my professor and I talked about ways to combat test anxiety. I feel much better today. Thanks to everyone for all of your tips and advice. I will keep you posted on my situation.

God Bless You!
    I&#39;m a Proverbs 31 woman: A virtuous woman who fears the Lord.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For test anxiety maybe you can try taking practice tests in a test like situation: Like if you have a free hour try finding an empty study room or quiet part of the library and take the test while timing yourself.
    If you can&#39;t get your hand on a practice test perhaps you can try taking a group of homework problems (after studying so you know the background info) in a test like situation.

My bf is in his 3rd term of nursing school (UofLouisville) and it&#39;s hard for him too.
    My album

password: gemela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was really good that you went to the teacher. When I was in school, I remember that there were times that I was on the borderline (the wrong side) and going to the teacher showed her that you were interested in learning even though you were having difficulties. Doing that served me well because even If I had lower scores, they would give me the benefit of the doubt and pass me.

Stay strong, you can do this!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hi Carltonsgirl, I am also a Nursing student (RN). I completed my pre-requisites as of early this year and am currently on the waiting list at my college. The wait is a year and a half :shock :shock :shock .

Anyhow, I found the Anatomy and Physiology courses very challenging--I had to work really hard to earn a good grade! So trust me, I know how you feel.

Question: Are you working and if so, are you working fulltime?

The reason I ask is because its even more difficult to to dedicate yourself if you do work fulltime.

Question: Are you at a 4yr(BSN) or 2yr(AS) college program?

This can make a big difference in the level of intensity.

Just keep your head up and look at the stars!!! Im sure you&#39;ll do fine.

:heart Mimi

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m also a nursing student (BSN program leading to RN licensure). I just started my nursing courses and trust me, I feel you sis. This is the hardest I&#39;ve ever worked for school and I&#39;m just barely making it. The clinical skills are kickin my natural black a** cause the program moves so fast and it&#39;s hard to keep up. 75% is the lowest passing grade we can get for our nursing courses and it&#39;s runnin me ragged. But don&#39;t give up. Are you in a study group? If not, you should try one. It really helps; everyone is going thru the same thing and it&#39;s like family, we mine anyway. Hope this helps.

:bubble welekevu
    My intellectual capacity can far supercede
    even the greatest heights of your wildest dreams.
    I am who I am &#39;cause of what I believe.
    I now understand who I&#39;m destined to be:
    Sistah Souldier and Queen- inherently.
    Never question, deny the spirit in me.
    Now and always, forever: REVOLUTIONARY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast