User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thighslikewhat Guest

Originally posted by sjdancer+Jun 5 2003, 09:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sjdancer @ Jun 5 2003, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wildchild@Jun 5 2003, 12:33 PM
    I know the ORS mayo costs $6.99 at Target and I&#39;m going to get mine from there tomorrow. Does the Africa mayo have mineral oil in it?
    Yes it does.
    I used the ORS Mayo first, then one day I didn&#39;t have enough money on me, so I ended up getting Africa&#39;s Best. Loved the price and the product! I saw no remarkable difference in the two, so the Africa&#39;s Best won the showdown :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Gurl, less is more to a recovering product junkie

sjdancer Guest

Originally posted by thighslikewhat+Jun 6 2003, 05:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thighslikewhat @ Jun 6 2003, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -sjdancer@Jun 5 2003, 09:39 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--wildchild
    @Jun 5 2003, 12:33 PM
    I know the ORS mayo costs $6.99 at Target and I&#39;m going to get mine from there tomorrow. Does the Africa mayo have mineral oil in it?

Yes it does.
    I used the ORS Mayo first, then one day I didn&#39;t have enough money on me, so I ended up getting Africa&#39;s Best. Loved the price and the product! I saw no remarkable difference in the two, so the Africa&#39;s Best won the showdown :lol:
    Gurl, less is more to a recovering product junkie [/b][/quote]
    I hear that! :lol:

bodyisatemple Guest

I have only tried ORS Mayo and loved it! I have Africa&#39;s Best (Blue Duchess) spray which has produced the tackiest dryest feeling my hair has ever had. I am responding to this post becase I want TO know about the company. House of Cheatham Inc.( read CHEAT HAM) I see on the back of Africa&#39;s Best it is know H.C. industries with the same Stone mountain address.Does the new name mean new quality, new owners... what? My fro has got to know.

thighslikewhat Guest

Originally posted by bodyisatemple@Jun 7 2003, 04:32 AM
    I have only tried ORS Mayo and loved it! I have Africa&#39;s Best (Blue Duchess) spray which has produced the tackiest dryest feeling my hair has ever had. I am responding to this post becase I want TO know about the company. House of Cheatham Inc.( read CHEAT HAM) I see on the back of Africa&#39;s Best it is know H.C. industries with the same Stone mountain address.Does the new name mean new quality, new owners... what? My fro has got to know.
    Sorry but O have no idea. The only product I use from this line is the Hair Mayo and I absloutely love it!

caribqueen127 Guest

I definitely prefer Africa&#39;s Best. I have been using it for the last few months and it has strengthened my hair--I use just a small bit everyday for shake-n-go styles and recently I&#39;ve been mixing it with CD-HHB which also gives nice results. I used ORS when they offered free samples at K-mart last summer. My mother an eye just helped ourselves to a bin of ORS stuff in the black hair products aisle. They&#39;re stuff is okay but I&#39;m not willing to pay that much for hair products.

CEE26 Guest

i used both products,,,and they both work fairly well...the knock off is just a little bit thinner than the ORS

thighslikewhat Guest

FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT THE ORS VERSION

THE STUFF SUCKS!!!
    (Well for my hair)

All week long I&#39;ve been wondering why my hair been actin funny, not listening to me and rebelling. After my daily washes, my curls just aint look right and even though my hair felt soft (at first) it looked like a hot mess! (I fell in love with visors all over agin yall)

Anywho&#39;s today I decided to experiment, I used my Africa&#39;s Best version insterd and VOILA! My hair is back to it&#39;s normal, shiny coily self again.
    Someone please point me in the direction of this thread the next time I have the urge to go buy a product that I allready have a working brand of :nohuh:

sjdancer Guest

Thumbs up

Originally posted by thighslikewhat@Jun 12 2003, 09:36 AM

THE STUFF SUCKS!!!
    (Well for my hair)

All week long I&#39;ve been wondering why my hair been actin funny, not listening to me and rebelling. After my daily washes, my curls just aint look right and even though my hair felt soft (at first) it looked like a hot mess! (I fell in love with visors all over agin yall)

Anywho&#39;s today I decided to experiment, I used my Africa&#39;s Best version insterd and VOILA! My hair is back to it&#39;s normal, shiny coily self again.
    Someone please point me in the direction of this thread the next time I have the urge to go buy a product that I allready have a working brand of :nohuh:
    I&#39;m confused :unsure: ...didn&#39;t you always use Africa&#39;s Best?

thighslikewhat Guest

Originally posted by sjdancer+Jun 12 2003, 11:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sjdancer @ Jun 12 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thighslikewhat@Jun 12 2003, 09:36 AM

THE STUFF SUCKS!!!
    (Well for my hair)

I&#39;m confused :unsure: ...didn&#39;t you always use Africa&#39;s Best? [/b][/quote]
    Yes sj, I had the Africa&#39;s Best then last week I boought the ORS out of curiosity and while using it in this week it completely dried out my hair. Now I am back to suare one woth my AAfrica&#39;s Best

sjdancer Guest

Originally posted by thighslikewhat+Jun 12 2003, 08:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thighslikewhat @ Jun 12 2003, 08:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -sjdancer@Jun 12 2003, 11:23 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--thighslikewhat
    @Jun 12 2003, 09:36 AM

THE STUFF SUCKS!!!
    (Well for my hair)

All week long I&#39;ve been wondering why my hair been actin funny, not listening to me and rebelling. After my daily washes, my curls just aint look right and even though my hair felt soft (at first) it looked like a hot mess! (I fell in love with visors all over agin yall)Â

Anywho&#39;s today I decided to experiment, I used my Africa&#39;s Best version insterd and VOILA! My hair is back to it&#39;s normal, shiny coily self again.

I&#39;m confused :unsure: ...didn&#39;t you always use Africa&#39;s Best?
    Yes sj, I had the Africa&#39;s Best then last week I boought the ORS out of curiosity and while using it in this week it completely dried out my hair. Now I am back to suare one woth my AAfrica&#39;s Best [/b][/quote]
    Oh,OK. Well now you know...if it ain&#39;t broke... :lol: I shouldn&#39;t talk though, I&#39;m perfectly happy with what I got, then someone mentions some new product and I&#39;m off to try it :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
    I&#39;m not so bad anymore though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast