Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to Sweet Potatoe Pie to get a trim this week and it was a good experience. I was surprised by their reasonable prices considering its location at little five points.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by enigmanco7@Oct 22 2004, 08:11 AM
    I went to Sweet Potatoe Pie to get a trim this week and it was a good experience. I was surprised by their reasonable prices considering its location at little five points.
    hmmm. I haven't heard good things about sweet potatoe pie, maybe I'll give it a try. Can you provide some examples of their pricing??
    If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.
    Barack Obama

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got increasingly fed up with Sweet Potatoe Pie. The last straw was when I went for a trim in August right after they'd moved to the new location. The stylist who was originally supposed to trim my hair (and who was an hour late to arrive when she did my twists in May) didn't show up at all. The stylist who did trim me had to share the scissors with another stylist (at the same time she was doing my hair) who was cutting extension braids out of another client's hair. Then, I caught a glimpse into the crowded drawer where the lone pair of scissors were stored and saw a brush that was caked with shed hair. The whole experience disgusted me. I happened to be in town this week and needed a trim again. Against my better judgement, I called SPP again and asked to schedule a trim with my favorite stylist. I was told that she and the others I was familiar with no longer worked there. I think the shop is highly suspect these days. It wasn't always like this. Anyway, I made an apointment at Talia Waajid's place for Friday, so I'll see if this will be a good replacement. I'm done with SPP for good.

blaqdredhd Guest

librarising, let us know how your visit at TW's goes. I am supposed to get out there for my free consultation but something keeps coming up. I would really like to know what others have experienced. Thanks

Peace

*BDH*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I went on Friday. The shop was clean and I got seen almost as soon as I walked in. All the stylists were natural too. Here was the problem--I told the stylist that I wanted half an inch off. She misunderstood this as being an inch an a half off. She cut the back, and I then examined a clump of hair that fell into my lap. The cut length looked to be about an inch. I then asked her to only cut half an inch off and she said a little rudely "Didn't you hear me repeat back to you an inch and a half?" Now, I'm sure she was trying to cover her *** from a possible "Oh my God what did you do!?" outburst from me, but I didn't really care that much as long as the situation was corrected. So she finished, but she was still cutting a little too much off. The difference between their trimming technique and Sweet Potato Pie is that at TW they cut your hair wet, and at SPP they lightly blow it out first. I think that this method is better-it gives you more of an accurate cut. Anyway, I'd say that the overall experience was pretty good. I saw them honor all appointments on time and give consultations. The girl beside me was getting a beautiful set of two-strand twists done. They're a bit pricey, but I could tell that they really know what their doing in terms of natural hair (I just won't be getting trimmed there again). Before I left they took down my info and gave me some flyers/vouchers that I could use towards a free visit if I refered X amount of people and they came in for appointmens. They also gave me an exit survey about my salon visit, asking me to rate different aspects of the salon and the stylist (maybe that's why she got a little jumpy :blink: )

After my visit, I went by Sweet Potatoe Pie out of curiousity (and to get the current contact info for my old stylist). The place seems better than when I was last there, and a new stylist was doing good work on some twists. Maybe I won't give up on the place completely. But overall I think TW is better.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by librarising@Nov 28 2004, 02:48 AM
    Well, I went on Friday. The shop was clean and I got seen almost as soon as I walked in. All the stylists were natural too. Here was the problem--I told the stylist that I wanted half an inch off. She misunderstood this as being an inch an a half off. She cut the back, and I then examined a clump of hair that fell into my lap. The cut length looked to be about an inch. I then asked her to only cut half an inch off and she said a little rudely "Didn't you hear me repeat back to you an inch and a half?" Now, I'm sure she was trying to cover her *** from a possible "Oh my God what did you do!?" outburst from me, but I didn't really care that much as long as the situation was corrected. So she finished, but she was still cutting a little too much off. The difference between their trimming technique and Sweet Potato Pie is that at TW they cut your hair wet, and at SPP they lightly blow it out first. I think that this method is better-it gives you more of an accurate cut. Anyway, I'd say that the overall experience was pretty good. I saw them honor all appointments on time and give consultations. The girl beside me was getting a beautiful set of two-strand twists done. They're a bit pricey, but I could tell that they really know what their doing in terms of natural hair (I just won't be getting trimmed there again). Before I left they took down my info and gave me some flyers/vouchers that I could use towards a free visit if I refered X amount of people and they came in for appointmens. They also gave me an exit survey about my salon visit, asking me to rate different aspects of the salon and the stylist (maybe that's why she got a little jumpy :blink: )

After my visit, I went by Sweet Potatoe Pie out of curiousity (and to get the current contact info for my old stylist). The place seems better than when I was last there, and a new stylist was doing good work on some twists. Maybe I won't give up on the place completely. But overall I think TW is better.
    [snapback]624550[/snapback]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Originally posted by kekemoe@Dec 6 2004, 09:39 PM

[snapback]635434[/snapback]
    my bad. I accidently pasted somone elses quotes. When I was trying to type a reply. Please ignore the mistake. I'm still trying to learn how to use this site.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! Thought I'd chime in here since I also live in Atlanta and have been to TW's place. When I went there it was called "Braids, Weaves, and Things". I believe she changed the name a few years ago. Out of curiosity, what were the prices like? When I got my twists, I think I paid about $70. Also, just in case folks don't know, TW sponsors an annual 3-day Natural Hair Expo and Fashion Explosion in Atlanta. There are vendors galores, free seminars on hair care and styling, loc styling competitions, musical entertainment, and poetry readings.
    [color=purple]Thank you God for all this hair. Now, can I get a little help???[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where are both these places located? Can I get address?

MsDrea is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone in ATL do sister locs? I'm talking about from the crib cause I need from the crib prices! LOL
    My loc journey began on March 15 2005!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast