Thread: Hair removal

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the YouTube sugaring vids. They were very helpful, but overall too messy for me. I've started using Nads in the jar. It works just the same, plus it comes in it's own jar. I didn't like the Nads strips. My husband helps me with my underarms and bikini area and it turns out fine.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP...

Curious - has anyone tried the No No Hair removal system?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No No is a No No for dark skin

I have researched it a bit and all of these current systems are designed by light skin with dark hair. The shading difference is imperative to prevent burns. The product is aiming to zap the dark hair. If the skin is dark as well, it won't work. Other laser treatments based on sound instead of shade are being developed, I've read, so I guess we just have to patient for an at-home laser treatment for all hues of skin.
    Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
    - George Bernard Shaw

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
    - William Shakespeare

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without victims.
    - Harriet Woods

4. Likes napptural_esquire liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen to have started laser hair removal, today was my second appointment. At the first visit, I was told that it would feel like I was having rubber bands snapping on me yet I felt nothing. Today though, I felt it big time. So I'm curious to see tomorrow if it made any difference, I think the first visit has made a difference but I'm not certain. The technician said that if there is difference after three visits, it would also be my last because it would mean that it's not an effective methode on me.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hair removal

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    I happen to have started laser hair removal, today was my second appointment. At the first visit, I was told that it would feel like I was having rubber bands snapping on me yet I felt nothing. Today though, I felt it big time. So I'm curious to see tomorrow if it made any difference, I think the first visit has made a difference but I'm not certain. The technician said that if there is difference after three visits, it would also be my last because it would mean that it's not an effective methode on me.
    Karibana - how did the laser hair removal process work out for you? Do you mind me asking what area(s) you elected to have done? What tool(s) did they use for your process?

We are about the same hue and I'm currently toying with having my face (upper lip and chin) and bikini area done but do not want to risk burns or discoloration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12