User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair removal

aisha1033 Guest

I HATE shaving. Every few days it's time to break out that ol' razor. Does anyone wax their legs on a regular basis? Be honest, does it hurt?

I'm thinking about adding waxing to the beauty lineup and just wanna get some feedback from y'all.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently tried waxing for the 1st time. I used a recipie recently posted to make my own wax. It took me a good month to get the courage up to do it.

body sugaring

Honestly it hurt like H*LL . The worst part was near my ankle. My DH helped. In retrospect it didn't hurt soooo bad I wouldn't do it again. (However, I would not use this method on any other part of my body until I have more experience. :rolleyes: ) My legs stayed smooth for about 3 weeks. Not bad-I was shaving every 2.5 days (if I didn't get lazy). I also liked the homemade wax. It has all good stuff in it and no chemicals. It tastes like honey, washes off with water and the recipie made alot so I can reheat and use the rest of the wax at a later date.

I hope this answers your question. If you decide to do it- update the post, let me know how it goes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she pretty much said it all...it HURRRTS! I did my legs myself and it hurt so bad i ended up throwing the muslin strips across the room after each pull

perhaps if a pro did it...i get my bikini waxed from time to time and although it hurts too, it's not nearly as much

but she was right, the ankle area is the WORST!
    <div align="center">
    OBAMA &#39;08!

~~ : ~~
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed,
    but nothing can be changed unless it is faced."
    ~James Baldwin
    ...:::...
    *itch and moan all you want, but unless and until you ACT, change will not occur.
    ~Ms. Custard

3 years loc&#39;ed!! Latest photos can be found HERE!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...zM8/weight.png
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you&#39;re through with shaving and don&#39;t won&#39;t to do the waxing then you might want to try Sally Henson&#39;s razorless hair removal gel.

This stuff works very well. I still can&#39;t believe that I don&#39;t have any ingrown hairs!! My legs, groin area, arm pits and lower abdomen stayed smooth for a while. In addtion to reducing the ingrowns, it also slows down the regrowth rate and grows back much thinner.

I&#39;m all for using natrual products and all but for now this really works for me. I don&#39;t have to use as much or as often as I did with the nair products.
    Grow In Your Own Patch, Stay Put And Blossom.......Ntozake Shange

aisha1033 Guest

I noticed that Veet has a similar product. Well it actually comes with a plastic bladeless razor. Maybe I should try one of those before I do the waxing thing. I&#39;m a punk, can&#39;t take much pain.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never tried that one, however that bladeless razor sounds good.

With Sally&#39;s you just smooth the gel on and let sit for no more than 7 minute and wipe of with a damp cloth. I actually got in the shower and did it. It wasn&#39;t as messy as I thought it would be ( I had a lot to remove) and the hair on the towel rinses very easily.

I&#39;m pretty much sticking with this one.
    Grow In Your Own Patch, Stay Put And Blossom.......Ntozake Shange

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me update this to say that i&#39;ve started using an epilator on my legs and i think this will be my solution. i just did it for the first time tonight and although it hurt like the dickens at least i wouldn&#39;t have to wait for hair to grow back too long to redo. i recommend it if you don&#39;t want to wax. i used Emjoi&#39;s Gentle Caress...although there&#39;s nothing gentle about the process!
    <div align="center">
    OBAMA &#39;08!

~~ : ~~
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed,
    but nothing can be changed unless it is faced."
    ~James Baldwin
    ...:::...
    *itch and moan all you want, but unless and until you ACT, change will not occur.
    ~Ms. Custard

3 years loc&#39;ed!! Latest photos can be found HERE!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...zM8/weight.png
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an epilator as well, but I can&#39;t use it on my legs anymore (I still use it on my underarms and bikini line). I noticed that after a few times of using it on my legs, I could see the dark follicules even after the hair was removed. It was very frustrating to epilate or shave completely, and still look like I had stubble. My legs are probably the palest part of my body, so this might not be a universal problem. I thought that I had permanently enlarged or damaged my hair follicules and that I would be stuck with the appearance of little dark spots forever. I stopped using the epilator, and decided to shave only once a month until my legs had recovered (thank goodness for cold weather and long distance relationships). My legs are looking much better now, and I think that I will just shave them regularly. Just wanted to pass this info along!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch out for that Sally&#39;s hair removal gel. Do not skip the patch test like I always do.

I used it only to have swollen red huuuuurting legs for a few days afterward. Thank God I used it on my legs and not anywhere more sensitive!

"What is for you cyaah be unfor you" Colin Channer
    5 year lock update
    5 1/2 year update

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast