Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

i recently decided to maintain my locs by myself. so i brought some products and one was peppermint soap. i have the liquid form. the directions say to dillute the soap. I got an empty 1 liter plastic coke bottle and added two drops and filled the rest with water. to my surprise the mixture did not produce much suds at all. :wacko: i added a few more drops, still no suds. i washed my hair with the mixture anyways. just wanted to ask whether i did this right?

locs birthdate 9.25.04

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. You need more soap.

I just started using Dr's B's peppermint again (after using almond for most of the last year). Because it's a little stronger than almond, I dilute it approximately 5 to 1: meaning 5 parts water to 1 part soap.

If you're using a liter bottle, try putting in 1/4 cup soap and 1-1/4 cups water. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly how many cups are in a liter but hopefully you get the point.

Keep in mind that what works for me may not necessarily work for you. Folks here dilute anywhere from 2 to 1 to 8 to 1. You may have to play with the proportions a bit.

At least you used too little soap instead of too much. Your hair could be seriously crunchy right now.

Good luck...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did what was easy for me. For example if I have a 12 oz bottle of soap I would dilute it with 12 oz of water.
    5 YEARS LOCED pw = smile
    Loc Journey pw = smile
    I may be MIA for the most part but I pop in from time to time.

mahsoul1 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive used Dr Bronner's Peppermint to bathe with and it does not produce alot of suds. I am thinking of trying it in my hair. Im gonna take the advice here and play around with the proporttions.
    "I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all"
    ~James A. Baldwin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more water added the less suds, as others said you need to experiment a little until you find a good mix. Also try washing with another soap, almond or lavender, every now and then. Remember less is more.

Bless Up !!!
    www.Dialectweb.com log on....

Back in the hometown of Los Angeles, CA...YAY!!!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To dilute, I emptied a little over half of the Dr. Bronners Soap bottle into a jar and put it away, then I filled the bottled to the brim with water and shook it up. Everytime I wash my hair, I keep filling the bottle to the brim with water, and if I begin to lose suds, then I just get some of the soap out the jar and put it in the bottle. Doing this also seems to make it last a lot longer.
    PROVERBS 16:3 ON ME</span>