User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Iggles Guest

Default If you like a tingling scalp treatment

Here's what I posted at another site:

I have a lot of stuff in my cabinets that I am trying to finish up. Anyway, I found a bottle of Hairever 1, Cleansing Scalp Treatment.

This is great if you are on the no poo, and don't want to squeeze a lemon, and mix up baking soda etc.

Now, personally (thank GOD) I never get scalp build up, so for me this Hairever acts as more of a stimulator. And BOY can you feel the tingle, you don't want to use too much.

Here's what the bottle says:

*Used before Shampooing
    *Unclogs Hair Follicles
    *Promotes healthy hair growth

Thinning hair often starts at the scalp when hair follicles become clogged by dried oils (sebum), fatty acids and hair care product buildup. Haiever Cleansing Scalp Treatment is a special blend of essential vitamins and emulsifying oils designed to unclog follicles by dissolving these damaging compounds and gently rinsing them away, thus reducing hair breakage at the hair line and encouraging healthy hair growth.

Again, if you ARE using shampoo, this is a nice tingling pre-treament. If you are not using shampoo, same thing.

Like I said, I don't experience build up on my routine, but I AM digging the stimulating effect of this stuff!! And the hair still feels soft when you rinse it out. So just passing some info along.

Picture of the Bottle

mahogani Guest

Default Thanks for the info

i'm interested in using this product i heard so much about it i'm anxious to try this thanks. :P

Curlicious Guest

I'm a little worried about the ethyl alcohol. How long have you been using this? Have you experienced any dryness?

ajargon Guest

Default tingling scalp

I like when I feel that tingle.I no poo as well,natural for a yr. in the end of march.I like Dr. Bronner's peppermint shampoo.I like it because it is all natural,you can use it to even brush your teeth with!You all have to read the bottle! Plus you can water it down,and it still tingles like you hadn't,and a pretty good sized bottle is only $3. :lol:

Iggles Guest

I'm a little worried about the ethyl alcohol. How long have you been using this? Have you experienced any dryness?
    So far I haven't experienced any dryness, however, this is probably something I would do only once a month, or once every two weeks (depending on if I used a shea butter mix on my hair or not). Oh but to answer your question, I did it for two weeks straight with no problems. Now since I'm trying to use it up, I might do it once per week when I do the "works" anyway.

Also a dab will really do you, so I wouldn't overdo it. It says specifically to apply only to "thinning" areas, or something like that to stimulate hair growth. So I concentrated on my edges and worked it in other areas of my SCALP. I did NOT apply this to my hair, so if it got on my hair that was by default, but it is a scalp treatment.

Now, you can get the same tingle with peppermint oil, or rosemary too!

But since I had this in my closet, I'm gonna try to use it up. I will keep you posted when the whole bottle is done though, just in case my original evaluation changed.

Iggles Guest

Default Re: tingling scalp

I like when I feel that tingle.I no poo as well,natural for a yr. in the end of march.I like Dr. Bronner's peppermint shampoo.I like it because it is all natural,you can use it to even brush your teeth with!You all have to read the bottle! Plus you can water it down,and it still tingles like you hadn't,and a pretty good sized bottle is only $3. :lol:
    I remember when I used to shampoo, I tried the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Oil shampoo. I REALLY liked the tingle but it dried my hair out really badly :cry: I watered it down too, but I ended up using it to wash my clothes and my whole place would smell so good!! I loved it!!

I also used it as a body wash. Great stuff!! I love the bottles of DB cuz you are right, it does have a ton of uses

I'm anxious to give my report on this stuff (hairever)when it's all used up, cuz then I can really give a better assesment. SO NOBODY BUY IT YET!! LOL! But so far it's been o.k.

I'm not sure if that's because I condition daily anyway though.....