User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Distilled Water

Inspired Guest

Default Distilled Water

I was looking at some of the homemade recipes online??

One of the recipes required distilled water.>>>>>>
    Can you make distilled water? or is that something you have to buy in the store?

acjazz28 Guest

Default Re: Distilled Water

I was looking at some of the homemade recipes online??

One of the recipes required distilled water.>>>>>>
    Can you make distilled water? or is that something you have to buy in the store?
    You can buy it at the store, or make it for free by boiling a pot of water...same concept, ya know?

HTH,

acjazz28

locdeeva Guest

Thanks for info. I was wondering the samething myself.

Peace

blacque_girl Guest

Dumb question, but do u strain it after u boil it??? I boiled a pot of water and afterit cooled, there was sort of a white film on top. :?

mommytimes2 Guest

I think it would be better to just buy the distilled water from the store. Distilled water is really not very expensive - I bought a gallon of Poland Spring brand of distilled water today for $1.69. I would think you would get some of the residue of your cooking pot mixed in with the water if you tried boiling plain water (i.e. aluminum pot).

When I was in college, I got distilled water for free by using the water processed from my chemistry lab.

micarae Guest

Wal-Mart(if you guys have one) has distilled water for .59 cents. :wink:

naijamodel Guest

sorry if this is an ignorant question that has already been answered somewhere else, but why distilled water? how is it preferable to ordinary water for ur hair?

Inspired Guest

If you look on the home recipe board alot of homemade products are suggested to be made with distilled water because it has less impurities and helps the product to last a bit longer.