Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to try this but now im too chicken. will see what i can get on groupon.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fitzlocs View Post
    I have to second BH in saying that I prefer sugaring over waxing, and that shop that I frequented informed me that it was actually better for curlier hair. Heyfranhey created a video awhile back with instructions on how to make your own natural & organic sugar wax, if you're interested in experimenting with DIY:

her video is the reason why I decided to sugar wax.....the ingredients were really simple and inexpensive so I made it over the weekend. However, the wax turned to sugar after being in the fridge for the (Saturday) night and felt like liquid sugar after I heated it up the next day. Yesterday I made it four times trying to get the right consistency and when I was finally able to do so and sugared my legs ( the parts that didn't have red bumps and irritation from sugaring the previous day), only some of the hair came off- not a substantial amount. Then the saugar paste turned to sugar a few hours after sitting on the counter. Today (Monday) my legs have numerous red bumps over them that itch like crazy and my legs are still hairy for the most part. I need to remove the hair by Thursday, the latest, but I don't think I can do anything like Veet with inflamed legs........this should probably be a separate thread..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried it yesterday. Actually it's the second time I'm trying it but the last time it was as a hot wax, this time I used it as a cold wax. First I did the sugaring ball but that was getting messy and annoying so then I switched to using the strips and that is how I will use it from now on.

Like BH, I'd say the pain level is the same. But for me the money saved is worth DIYing even if it's longer then shaving.
    Last edited by Karibana; 07-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sugaring instead of Waxing

Quote Originally Posted by Beautifully Human View Post
    For me personally I find it to be the same level of pain as waxing. Hence why I have to get it done professionally. I could never wax/sugar myself b/c I chicken out due to the pain factor. I'd rather someone else's quick hands do it. I will say that if done properly sugaring takes less time than waxing which decreases the pain significantly. And IA that sugaring is better on course/curly hair.
    I made my own sugaring concoction yesterday and the pain was not as bad as I thought it would be for the most part. There were some sections that were LOL. I may avoid those sections in the future. It took me a couple of hours because I spent so much time being afraid of the pain . I may just get it done professionally in the future to avoid this XD. It's very effective, though. I made a big-AZZ mess trying to make it, though. I screwed up the first time, but the 2nd one worked fine. I just got sugar paste everywhere. Next time I make it, it will be less laborious lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12