Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

This is all very helpful to me because I'm new at the loc thing. I'm from NYC but moved to Las Vegas and I just went home for a week at the end of May and had my hair loc'd. My question is not so much about products, but about the method of washing. Before locs I loved a good wash so I'm kind of nervous about them unravelling if I wash them too hard (any videos on how it should look?)AND someone on here mentioned 3 to 4 weeks before washing, but the young lady who loc'd my hair told me not to wash it for three months! Please tell me all this scratching and itching has been in vain! Argh!

Najah
    [/b]

I know this was a year ago, but I hope you found out that you do NOT have to go three months without washing your hair, that's absurd. She had no business telling you that.

knoxx is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just remembered I used to rinse almost everyday and my locs formed much quicker, (im on my second try right now) so I'm trying this method again now

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I rinse my hair everyday (its summertime) but in the winter I think it's only best to rinse when you know you'll be in a warm, dry environment for a few hours after. I don't think locs dry well in cold air or humidity, so I'm afraid it might cause mildew. But other than that, rinsing is the best way to moisturize your hair. We're never taught to rely on our natural oils for the general health of our hair.

Raxxie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

op: i do long rinses on my twists and braids now so i'll definitely do this when i loc up ... eventually ... :unsure:
    ini runs out of loc thread before she gets stoned
    [/b]

same here... super excited ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to bump this oldie but goodies thread because I felt like my life changed when I started regular rinsing, lol! Seriously, my scalp feels great, I experience lessened itchies, my babies feel moisturized, and I'm doing my part to minimize build-up. Who knew that something as simple as regular water rinsing could do so much. I've been pro-rinsing for years now, ever since I first discovered this thread back in college, and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. If rinsing is wrong....then I don't want to be right Thanks ladies for taking the time to share your infinite wisdom and knowledge!

6. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent info - thank you for bumping this! (I remember this thread )
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

8. Likes fitzlocs liked this post
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415