User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hair Masks?

mehogeni Guest

a relative who is about my age and also natural came by today and we were talking about stuff and hair and she mentioned she had used a hair mask on her hair about once a month from somewhere in atl and it made her hair feel better than it had in years..and her hair did really look more silky and shiny than on other visits...but im not so sure about using something like that , that hardens your hair, it seems like it would maybe tangle a bit more than usual and plus me and her have a different type of hair..has anyone else used a hair mask before??and if so what were your experiences?

Curlysaurus Guest

Hi Mehogeni. I've used the Kiehl's "Lecithin and Coconut Enriched Hair Masque with Panthenol" before. It's a little $$ but worked well on my hair, i.e., helped my hair retained moisture better. If there's a Nordstrom's near you, you could get a sample.

As for hardening, I think it would depend on the ingredients. Kiehl's didn't harden my hair at all, it made it feel softer. I think of a hair mask/masque as just a more "solidified" deep conditioner.

I imagine some of the ladies here have made some good homemade versions too.

Curlysaurus Guest

bumping for Mehogeni.