User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fauryn78 Guest

I know... this weather is a mess hopefully tomorrow it won't be too bad...I still plan on attending...I'm not sure about driving and parking though! :?

HoneyDini Guest

I won't be able to make it tomorrow since I'll be out of town. Hope you guys have a good time!

KnottyHedGal Guest

ok, i went down to govindas for the first time this afternoon. it does say govinda's on the front, and it has a green awning. my review:

the place looked a little disheveled, i think the people from gourmet to go are moving in there or something. the guy i assume was the manager got upset and made them clean up while i was there. nothing major, there were just packs of napkins and stuff sitting out. the staff(who all appeared to be black or indian) was extremely nice, like 3 people made sure i was ok and waited on. one guy was bringing cookies from the kitchen and asked if i wanted to try one. there was some nice jazz playing in the background. i didnt get to see the dining room bc i got take out. i got the grilled veggie sub. i really wasnt expecting much since i have had grilled veggie sandwiches that were not all that before. that sandwich was bangin. i dont know what they did to it, but it was like eating a cheesesteak, which i used to love back in my red meat eating days. it was on a whole wheat hoagie roll, with chopped roasted brocolli, red peppers, and some other veggies, with cheese(soy i believe) melted through the whole thing. it was so good, and it was one of those vegetarian meals where you dont feel like you are missing anything by not eating meat.

anyhoo, on the parking issue, its usually not that bad on this side of broad street. i saw a few parking spots open between 15th and 16th on south. they were kind of snowy, so maybe they will melt down some by tomorrow night. to make it easier on myself, i would probably take the train, but there were at least a few parking spaces around, and since this couple of blocks is not really residential, there werent any chairs in spaces that i saw. i will be walking, so thats one less space we need.

sorry you wont be able to make it honeydini!

ps. if you are stuck for parking and dont mind a short walk, try parking on christian street. there are usually plenty of spots between broad and 20th.

taiyah215 Guest

Default I CAN'T MAKE IT AFTER ALL!!!

I have to help a friend move....this is an emergency evidently, and since she gets off work at 3, we'll be moving then....sorry folks!...let me know when the next one is!

LotsOfLocs Guest

I think I will take the subway. Not in the mood to look for parking. It should be a short walk right?

KnottyHedGal Guest

just wanted to say it was really nice meeting everyone who came out to govinda's tonight, i had a good time. i am glad everyone enjoyed their soy protein, lol. i really don't have any friends with natural hair anymore, besides family, so it was good to meet up with some natural heads. it didn't hurt that yall were all cool and laid back too. let's do it again soon - let's pick somewhere that has well insulated windows next time!

Fauryn78 Guest

just wanted to say it was really nice meeting everyone who came out to govinda's tonight, i had a good time. i am glad everyone enjoyed their soy protein, lol. i really don't have any friends with natural hair anymore, besides family, so it was good to meet up with some natural heads. it didn't hurt that yall were all cool and laid back too. let's do it again soon - let's pick somewhere that has well insulated windows next time!
    DITTO!!! We definately must do this again real soon!
    Lovely meeting you ladies!

kali78 Guest

Default Thanks Ladies...

Double DITTO!!! :shocked!: on the insulated windows. LOL!!!

I am so glad that I got to meet each of you. It was wonderful vibing on similar hair and other life experiences with you ladies. You all are very beautiful, very cool people that I look forward to getting together with again. Also, thanks for introducing me to vegetarian cuisine :wink:. I enjoyed it very much.

I had a really nice time.

Peace and Love
    Kali78

LotsOfLocs Guest

Sounds corny, but triple ditto. I enjoyed my time also. Hope to see everyone soon. It was nice to see everyone come out, even though the weather was not the best! Its sometimes hard to meet new females, this is a good outlet.

esperance Guest

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am sooooo sorry I missed this! I was thinking about you guys, though, and hoping that you had a wonderful time. Sounds like you all did.

I'll keep checking in to see when the next one is. I'll be there FOR SURE.

I'm really upset that I missed out on meeting you guys. :cry:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast