Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey people,

I was wonderin' if any of you have experienced serious hair loss. My dermatologist recently diagnosed me with a form of alopecia that apparently is treatable. I have a follow up apt. on Jan 28th. I hope to get some kind of prescription that will fill in my bald spots. Do any of you know of any natural remedies? Has anyone had success with the treatment of alopecia with organic and/or inorganice products?

Thanks so much for your help.

-Natalie

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.ebenenaturals.com has a scalp serum that i have been using and it works.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who we really are. E E Cummings

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would help if we knew what type of alopecia it is. Some hair loss problems are easy to treat and others not so easy.
    StarQuest Podcast Network

Christianity is not an intellectual system, a collection of dogmas, or a moralism. Christianity is instead an encounter, a love story, an event. -- Pope Benedict XVI

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true, there are different types of alopecia.

I have a friend, a woman named Carol, who is 35 years old and is completely bald, she has alopecia universalis, the most severe form of it. She has had it since she was 5 years old.

She doesn't have any hair on her head at all.

That hasn't stopped her from getting men. She has three kids from two different marriages, and is divorced now and dating a couple of different guys, really handsome cool men too.

Of course Carol is really feminine and pretty, and she looks as good wearing the bald look as she does in one of her wigs.
    Monique

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    That is true, there are different types of alopecia.

I have a friend, a woman named Carol, who is 35 years old and is completely bald, she has alopecia universalis, the most severe form of it. She has had it since she was 5 years old.

She doesn't have any hair on her head at all.

That hasn't stopped her from getting men. She has three kids from two different marriages, and is divorced now and dating a couple of different guys, really handsome cool men too.

Of course Carol is really feminine and pretty, and she looks as good wearing the bald look as she does in one of her wigs.
    [snapback]669158[/snapback]
    [/quote

Some people look really good bald,w/ hair, doesn't really matter, but me, no way. I am going to the derma on the 13th. I know that I probably have traction alopecia, I just want the doctor to confirm it. I also want her to give me an rx to help increase the effectiveness of the massaging that I already do. We will see how it goes
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!

makeba is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have had a problem with my hair line since i turned 20yrs old. i am 34 now. i thought it was the perms but since doing research in the past year i think i have some form of alopecia. i have an appointment with a dermo in feb. i hope i can be helped.

the natural products i have read about that say helps certain forms of alopcia are
    emu oil - the cosmetic grade
    saw palmetto herbs
    b6 vitamins
    zinc vitamins
    msm

i think mine was caused by an imbalance in hormones. so i went and got the b6 and zinc vitamins and have ordered some emu oil of which should be in my mailbox tomorrow :rol i am taking a multi vitamin from gnc as usual for years but decided i needed to increase these particular minerals to see if i get results. i hope this helps you some and i hope your condition goes away!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with Traction Alopecia 7 years ago. I had locs down my back for 4 years prior. I had the steriod shots, scalp bioposies and the works. I was told my follicles were dead and the bald spots will remain unfortunately. I have nickle and quarter size spots throughout my hair. I decided to do the BC and havn't regretted it since. I have a very close cut and my husband cuts my hair on a weekly basis. That seems to be the only style that camoflages the spots. I was self consconious at first, but everyone kept telling me how nice I looked and how it fits my face.

Now I suffer with dryness. I hear people say honey and EVOO is a good moisturizer. Has anyone ever tried it?

makeba is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had taken down my 4yr old locs and did suffer dryness as well. give yourself a good deep conditioner. honey and evoo is good too. the honey did not work for me but i say try it. a thick conditioner with avocado oil is real love for your hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Alopecia Areata. Its caused by stress for me. It is not uncommon with the women in my family. It always grows back for my mom and sisters.

I have heard of oils. Such as The Jamaican Castor Oil. I have heard of rubbing garlic on the bald spot. I've heard of Lavender oil and so many different things. I hear ACV is also very good for hair loss! I've yet to try it, but i know the ACV has many health benefits!

I did try the Rogaine for women in the beginning but you have to continue using it and I don't like the idea of all those chemicals. I was reading o all the potential side effects and it didn't sit with me well.
    I stopped using it. I didn't see considerable progress but then again I didn't use it consistently.
    Right now, I am just eating right, exercising, learning to balance my stress and just giving all my concerns to God. I do look up natural hair remedies, but I don't consume my time with it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please do a SEARCH above for Alopecia. There have been many women on this site with this condition and there is plenty of info here. Good luck.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast