Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the posts from this site, I called and made an appointment with Derrick Scurry. In the past I have had horrible salon experiences, and am very hesitant to let anyone new into my hair.

About 5 years ago I went to my mother's hair dresser (she has natural hair, but unlike mine, her hair naturally has a loose curl) to have him help me condition my head full of natural hair. Next thing you know, I have another chemical fire cream, scabs on my scalp, and breaking ends.

I stopped going to him about 2 1/2 years ago, but my hair was jacked up. I had my last chemical fire cream in September 2004.

Okay, enough of the background info. Let's just say that when I rolled into Derricks salon today - my hair was a mess . . .

I had stopped by his salon before, right after I booked my appointment so he could look at my hair and give me a suggestion about a possible style.

He was FANTASTIC!!! After years of hair-dressers ignoring what I wanted, he took what I wanted and made it even better than I had even dreamed it could be.

I got 2-strand twists with extension, for this last part of my transition. And I love it. This style (with the extensions) will last 3-4 months, and is easy to maintain.

Another client was getting 2-strand twists without extensions, and they were the best 2-strand twists that I have seen. He explained the products he was using, and he didn't load her hair up with goo either.

He used a light blow dryer (about 4 minutes) to take the water out of her hair, but not the curl. In fact, when one section got a bit too dry he lightly misted it with more water.

The finished twists on her was really full and lovely.

Be well,
    Bea

I will upload some photos of my hair this weekend.
    www.derrickscurry.com

w2goback is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is my appt. i will take pix and share after. I am glad to hear such happy customers.
    My 2006 Album

My 2005 Album

My 1st Album

I am Nappy and enjoying every minute of the journey and loving my hair and all its ups and downs

Be the person you want the world to be: Ghandi
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sham/charm.gif

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456