Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Folks,

The Toronto winter's are torture on my hair, especially now that it's coloured. We've been experiencing tempuratures of -10C/14F to -20C/-4 (without the windchill) and my hair is suffering because of it.

Do you have any suggestions about daily moisturizers that I can use and that you find work? Right now I'm using Aveda's Elixer Daily Leave-In and I've also started trying Motions At Home Oil Moisturizer.

I'm finding with some products that I try, even though my hands feel greesy after I touch it, my hair sometimes still feels crispy. (Or maybe it's my dry/chapped hands?)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are experiencing the same temps here in CT. My hair was feeling crispy for a while too. But, I recently tried Giovanni 50:50 remoisturizer and had great results. I conditioner washed and left a little in. I followed with my everyday mix of Hollywood Beauty's carrot creme & Africa's Best herbal oil mix w/ ginseng. My hair is feeling pretty soft right now.
    100% natural April 9 05

updated 3/8/06
    my hair pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a homemade hair butter AND I try to drink half my body weight in ounces of water DAILY. As long as I do this, I don't have any "dry hair" problems...

It's worth a try...
    "Think, Plan, Execute" ~ Jawar

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give yourself a shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, and honey hot oil treatment. You can also apply the coconut oil on your ends daily.
    Command Positive Change in Your Life!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All good tips. I also recommend that you use a shea butter or a mango butter to moisturize your hair at night, braid or twist in a protective style, or if you want to wear it "out" do big twists and take out in the morning. whatever you decide, always make sure you have a satin wrap over it. Good luck...
    It's a girl!!!!!!!, 7lbs. 2 oz!! I love you Tyra Joi!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, what they said, and you should probably get rid of that Motions stuff.
    Last chemical fire cream: 10/98
    Braid Locks Started: 08/26/06
    NO OIL/No Products

"Crying is like taking your soul to the laundromat"
    ~Lyfe 268-192~

BE aware of Willie Lynch-ism!

Smug Mug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to moisturizing (Shea Butter is my choice), protective styles are good, they fit under hats perfectly. Wraps work really well too (don't forget to wear a satin scarf with them to protect your hair from drying out). I moisturize my ends daily and am wearing braids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ladies. I will give your suggestions a try. I've noticed that some of the products posted on this site are foreign to me (i.e. I haven't seen them in this city) so I may have to do some research and online ordering. Will be trying the butters though.

Once again, thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by torontogurrl@Jan 25 2005, 07:22 AM
    Hi Folks,

The Toronto winter's are torture on my hair, especially now that it's coloured. We've been experiencing tempuratures of -10C/14F to -20C/-4 (without the windchill) and my hair is suffering because of it.

Do you have any suggestions about daily moisturizers that I can use and that you find work? Right now I'm using Aveda's Elixer Daily Leave-In and I've also started trying Motions At Home Oil Moisturizer.

I'm finding with some products that I try, even though my hands feel greesy after I touch it, my hair sometimes still feels crispy. (Or maybe it's my dry/chapped hands?)
    [snapback]688248[/snapback]

Hi Torontogurrl,

E-mail me your shipping address and I'll send you a free sample of our new "all natural" hair conditoner, AFRIKA GOLD.

http://www.serftosurf.com/ag.htm

You can e-mail to carlos@serftosurf.com
    regards and be well,

Charles "Carlos" Herbst

Founder/President/CEO
    Serf to Surf Products Inc.
    Canada/USA/UK/Australia
    Tel:604-669-2207
    www.serftosurf.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of finding Mango or Shea butter, any suggestions? I don't really think I have times to make any products.

I had read somewhere the idea of using body lotion because the lack of petrolium.

So yesterday I tried the Simply Basic Grapeseed Butter (body moisturizer lotion) that I had in my purse and it worked really well. I didn't wear a hat yesterday and it was FREEZING (had an interview -- wish me luck). But by the time I got home in and checked my hair late in the evening, it was still sparkling. So I used it again today and my hair is still feeling nice. (I hope it's not one of those cases where it works for two days and then that's it.) I know SB also has Mango and Shea butter as well. It's that stuff in the huge disks that you get at Walmart. (The first ingredient is water.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast