Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

:angry: I was so disgusted after watching Leroy on American Idol last night. We are all used to the bad singers, but the way he was dancing around, stomping his feet with a mouth full of Gold fronts. Saying
    ”yall need ta put a bruva on TeeeeVeeeee , cus a bruva broke…. caaaaan you ya dig it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ” I was just so irritated with the way he was jumping around like a damn fool. All I could think of “YASSAH BOSSS!! The thing that irritated me even more was how “entertained” they were by this modern day minstrel show. :rolleyes: They kept encouraging him to keep acting like a damn buffoon when they knew that he had no business auditioning. This crap even made the 11 o’clock news.
    Don’t even get me started on Flava Flav. Since he has resurfaced with his foolishness, he is everywhere and people seem to love it.
    Beetle Juice ( I think that’s his name) He is the obviously mentally disabled dwarf who is always saying things like “I’m a pimp” “ I don’t love dem ho’s” ” I’ll pimp slamp that bish”
    I am told that he frequents the Howard Stern show. I did catch it once and I was sick to my stomach.
    I am starting to notice that on the reality shows they tend to go out of their way to find the brotha that perpetuates all of the negative stereotypes. He is either the buffoon, the stereotypical angry black man, or the stereotypical black man that is drooling over nothing but white women.
    Has anyone noticed this new trend on television?

^ This is my happy place

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nappilocs@Jan 26 2005, 10:32 AM

”yall need ta put a bruva on TeeeeVeeeee , cus a bruva broke…. caaaaan you ya dig it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* ” I was just so irritated with the way he was jumping around like a damn fool. All I could think of “YASSAH BOSSS!!* T
    [snapback]689849[/snapback]
    ointlaugh: ointlaugh:

I notice it more in these gospel plays.. "Medea Goes to Jail", "Mama I Need A Man", "Mama I Can't Sing and My Man Is On Drugs", etc.

:rolleyes:
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent watched "American Idol", but I happened to turn to it last night. I turned it last night right before this guy went on. I sat there in amazement with my mouth wide opened! :shocker: At first, I thought he was playing. I thought he was just acting silly, but was going to come in and really sing! Boy, was I wrong! I could not believe my eyes. I said to myself, "NOw, this tops 'Strange Love'." Lawd knows, TV is not what it used to be.

I called my mom to see if she was watching. She was in amazement. She said, "Was he high?" I guess she thought that was the only logical explanation. I told her that she hadnt seen anyting. I told her about "Strange Love." I told her that I was going to call her next time it came on.

[url='http://whatsnew.fotki.com/sweet-one/']The Journey Begins[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit, I thought I was watching a one- man, remake performance of Amos and Andy. :icon_headshake:
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/miquie/"]http://public.fotki.com/miquie/ [/url]

[url="http://www.urbanblaze.com"][img]http://www.urbanblaze.com/banners/UBban.gif[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was horrible. I could barely understand what Leroy was saying. It's like he was drunk or on dope. But of course, Fox is going to exploit his coonish act for ratings.

:smil3f9cf95099cff:

I also blame Leroy, his crew, and whoever else had a hand in helping him get to the audition. He had to know that he would look stupid. But it's quite obvious that he had no real intention of being an AI contestant. He was just using AI to get the attention of a record label to make a rap CD.

edited for clarity

morena23 Guest

It makes me so ashamed to watch that. My generation is THE most ignorant to date.

gypsyroze Guest

Well I know when they get to the Cleveland auditions, you are all going to be in for a rude awakening. There is this girl that made the news here, for her American Idol auditions. She was horrible, and she sang the National Anthem, and just butchered it! The worst part was they let her sing the entire thing! I think that they just want to see how far people will go the get on t.v.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jmnappy@Jan 26 2005, 10:22 AM
    It was horrible. I could barely understand what Leroy was saying. * It's like he was drunk or on dope. But of course, Fox is going to exploit his coonish act for ratings.
    :smil3f9cf95099cff:

I also blame Leroy, his crew, and whoever else had a hand in helping him get to the audition. He had to know that he would stupid. But it's quite obvious that he had no real intention of being an AI contestant. He was just using AI to get the attention of a record label to make a rap CD.
    [snapback]689956[/snapback]
    ITA. I could not believe that his friends were there supporting him. I wonder if anyone tried talking him out of going. Even my teenage son in shock. He just shook his head. I told him that I would break his legs if he ever embarrassed me like that.

[url='http://whatsnew.fotki.com/sweet-one/']The Journey Begins[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, he was a complete idiot, no question. I also didn't understand a single thing he said, other than "can you dig it". Ugh. But, I'm sure he got what he wanted - his moment in the spotlight. It was painful for those of us watching, but I'm sure that won't phase him or others with the same agenda. I wouldn't even mind these foolish interruptions so much, if they at least showed more of the good auditions. Thankfully, this stage of the program shall soon be over & then the real competition starts, w'hoo!! op:
    peace from T.O. :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 26 2005, 09:42 AM
    ointlaugh: ointlaugh:

I notice it more in these gospel plays.. "Medea Goes to Jail", "Mama I Need A Man", "Mama I Can't Sing and My Man Is On Drugs", etc.

:rolleyes:
    [snapback]689871[/snapback]

dont even get me started on the plays. while some of them are entertaining, im getting so tired of the message they send (just put up with teh bull crap of how your man did you wrong, blah blah blah and just pray), puhleeze!
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast