Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I know that there's alot of nursing people on this site so I thought I'd start a support group for people who are interested in nursing as a career and those who are full fledge nurses-maybe we can learn a thing or two from you guys.

I'm currently taking the pre-requisite courses for the Associate in Nursing at a community college in Philadelphia. The classes are hard and I'm not really sure about Nursing as a career. I really want to be a travel Nurse and my only gripe is that at some point I'd like branch out into some other aspect of Nursing besides floor nursing but I don't care to get another Bachelor's degree, which is what I'd have to do. So I'm kinda stuck between Public Health and Nursing. I keep flipping back and forth.

Okay I'm done. Thoughts, Comments Welcomed

[color=red][url='http://public.fotki.com/gemini04/']http://public.fotki.com/gemini04/[/url] PSW: love[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Inspired for making this thread, as I need all the support I can get offline and online. I have taken all my prereqs for associate degree nursing and then some, and passed the NLN to get into the program. Matter of fact I have enough to go straight into a BSN program without having gotten my associates. However at my school the nursing list is so long (considering one can only enter in the fall semester) and I will not get in until fall of 2006. :shocker:

So I've decided to transfer to a four year school and start in their BSN program. I would have eventually transferred regardless. My goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner, which requires a masters in nursing.

Well, good luck nurses/future nurses. I&#39;m off to study my Anatomy and Physiology for tommorow <_< :P
    "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory whitch shall be revealed in us."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

just what i&#39;m looking for :P i would like to start going to school for nursing but i would first like to know how to go about getting in , how long is the course?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chocolategurl17--I&#39;m in the same boat. I wasn&#39;t eligible to apply for 2005. I was short 2 classes so I had to wait to apply for 2006. I mean what I am supposed to do in a year? I&#39;m considering the L.P.N program b/c I hate to sit on my behind and wait.

@K_napps- Have you checked out www.allnurses.com. It&#39;s a very informative website.
    [color=red][url='http://public.fotki.com/gemini04/']http://public.fotki.com/gemini04/[/url] PSW: love[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bf finishes up his BSN in December. He also wants to be a Nurse Practitioner. To me, it seemed like his pre-nursing years were a lot more stressful. He started upper division nursing in January 2004? He now has class MW and clinicals (labor and delivery) on Tuesday and Thurday, no school of Friday.

He really really really enjoys the learning material (he&#39;s always giving me medical &#39;words of the day&#39;. I&#39;m a premed). His only problems have been with some other female students. Bf is an older student and isn&#39;t too crazy about the gossipy girls who were in his small group. <_<

I can try to squeeze him for more info. :wub:
    My album

password: gemela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started my prereqs fall 2002, knocked pretty much everything out. Last year I broke my leg in the beginning of the year and in Oct my mom died. I was out for spring semester and when I reregistered for fall 04 my mom passed, I had to withdraw from the class. I was unable to get into Bio 122 (anatomy&physiology 2) so the couselor suggested taking the remaining three classes. Psych 101, History and the math class i hate :doh algebra. I found out that my college (community) will be offering the NET again this year. All goes well I can take it and enter the program Spring 06.

Chocolategurl, Im pretty much like you. I will take additional courses that will count towards my BS this summer and fall. If I miss the opportunity to get into the program at my school then I will use my plan be (a local hospital offers a nursing program).

This is a wonderful thread, thanks
    Big chop dec 03-Natural & Loose:12/03-11/04; Locs began dec 2004-Nov 09 Locs Loose: Nov 8 2009
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...h_IMG_2079.jpg
    http://members.fotki.com/blkrose44/about/
    @naturalluvchild on twitter-following positivity only

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Inspired@Jan 27 2005, 10:04 PM
    @chocolategurl17--I&#39;m in the same boat. I wasn&#39;t eligible to apply for 2005. I was short 2 classes so I had to wait to apply for 2006. I mean what I am supposed to do in a year? I&#39;m considering the L.P.N program b/c I hate to sit on my behind and wait.

@K_napps- Have you checked out www.allnurses.com. It&#39;s a very informative website.
    [snapback]692496[/snapback]

If you can afford it I would take additional classes that can be applied towards your next degree level. I wouldnt give up
    Big chop dec 03-Natural & Loose:12/03-11/04; Locs began dec 2004-Nov 09 Locs Loose: Nov 8 2009
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...h_IMG_2079.jpg
    http://members.fotki.com/blkrose44/about/
    @naturalluvchild on twitter-following positivity only

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank, you i had already checked out that website and a few others i think its time for me to go college shopping noe if you know ehat i mean,

jenoy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m toying with the idea of joining the nursing field. In order to do that I must first have the basic training of nursing (CNA) but I don&#39;t want to go back to college to do it because it&#39;s a different field than my degree. So, I think I may find a training facility and go that route. :dunno:
    There is no failure in Jesus, so I am Sucker Free!
    I am not forgotten, God knows my name! - Israel & New Breed

Laluna is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always go for your Practical Nursing License. (LPN) Some of the best nurses I know are LPNs and the programs usually range between a year and 18 months. I haven&#39;t ever heard of a program longer than 18 months. The pay is pretty good and it&#39;s something you won&#39;t have invested a huge amount of time in if you find that you don&#39;t like the field. ANd of course if you ifnd that you love nursing you can then always go back for your RN, which is very easy tp do once you&#39;re an LPN. I&#39;ve heard of some programs that allows LPNs to test for RN boards in as little as 6 months.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast