Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ya'll,

I got my eyebrows threaded while in New York, and have been trying to find a salon in ATL that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to have eyebrows done.

Any suggestions?

lifeAgift Guest

Go to your local Mosque and ask around about any Egyptians who might have a salon or do hair and facials in there home. My husband is from Egypt and he gets hair cut, facial threading for beard and brows all for
    $10-12 from a guy who does this in a room buit in his garage.

At first I thought it was a little odd. But actually it is more hygienic than shared razors and longer lasting than waxing and plucking.

And Egyptians are known for cosmetology and medicaine all the way back into antiquity.

Good luck on your search :afro:

PS By the way ask a sister in the parking lot, not the men in the Mosque.
    Or check a local market where Arabs or Muslims might frequent, they'll be in the know.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The place I go to is in Decatur. There's a Mattress King store in Decatur (down the road from North DeKalb mall and very close to a Waffle House) its in a business strip. There's a thrift store and all that in the strip and then Mattress King is the big store next to the strip. In the strip is a little Indian hair shop and they do the threading for $7...sorry for the bad directions but I don't know an exact address and I'm not too familiar with that part of Decatur.
    Fine stranded but VERY thick corkscrew curls
    BC- December 18, 2004
    Transitioned For- 9 months
    Length- About 6-6.5 inches
    Monthly Goal- 0.5-1 inch
    Ultimate Goal- 25 inches(stretched), Healthy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite spot to get my eyebrows threaded is in Jersey, I love it and the guy, yes guy, Ahmed who does it is great and is a wiz at it. He even went as far sa filling them in with and eybrow pencil just to give my brows some extra depth.

What I also like about his salon is that he advises on follow up care, like moisturizing and clean once I leave and go home. Yes eyebroe threading is my favorite all time grooming event.
    <div align="CENTER">.::Transition - November 2003::.
    .::100% Natural - November 2004::.
    .::ALBUM UPDATED MARCH 2008::.
    My Album</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is eyebrow threading?
    Album updated: Jan. 17, 2008 </span>

Album

<span style="color:red">Hair stats:
    Last perm: 3/04
    Locs started w/ coils: 9/04

RBLS4LYFE Guest

Threading
    is a centuries-old technique of hair removal practiced in India, and rapidly growing in popularity across the United States. The beautician removes individual or rows of unwanted hair by using string or “thread”, and pulling out the hairs by the follicle.

Does threading hurt?
    The sensation usually takes 1-2 times to get used to, but customers say it hurts less than waxing. Many customers say it doesn’t hurt at all.

Why is threading better than waxing, tweezing, and razors?
    Waxing tends to burn, peel, and irritate the skin, especially the skin around the eyes. In addition, repeated waxing increases the chances of wrinkles, especially around the sensitive eye area. Tweezing and razors increase the chances of in-grown hairs and cutting the skin. Waxing, tweezing, and razors all make facial hair grow back thicker and faster. Threading is more precise and the hair grows back thinner and slower; there is also no burning, peeling, or irritation, and is good for getting rid of in-grown hairs.

How often do I have to do threading?
    It varies from person to person but for eyebrows, usually every 2-3 weeks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ rbls4lyfe

thanks!
    Album updated: Jan. 17, 2008 </span>

Album

<span style="color:red">Hair stats:
    Last perm: 3/04
    Locs started w/ coils: 9/04

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by RBLS4LYFE@Feb 6 2005, 06:48 PM

Threading
    is a centuries-old technique of hair removal practiced in India, and rapidly growing in popularity across the United States. The beautician removes individual or rows of unwanted hair by using string or “thread”, and pulling out the hairs by the follicle.

Does threading hurt?
    The sensation usually takes 1-2 times to get used to, but customers say it hurts less than waxing. Many customers say it doesn’t hurt at all.

Why is threading better than waxing, tweezing, and razors?
    Waxing tends to burn, peel, and irritate the skin, especially the skin around the eyes. In addition, repeated waxing increases the chances of wrinkles, especially around the sensitive eye area. Tweezing and razors increase the chances of in-grown hairs and cutting the skin. Waxing, tweezing, and razors all make facial hair grow back thicker and faster. Threading is more precise and the hair grows back thinner and slower; there is also no burning, peeling, or irritation, and is good for getting rid of in-grown hairs.

How often do I have to do threading?
    It varies from person to person but for eyebrows, usually every 2-3 weeks
    [snapback]706177[/snapback]
    Interesting...

*Sirius

Divine_One Guest

When I lived in ATL I went to a salon off of 85N exit Druid Hills. Take a right when you see the Target Store turn left. I think the cross street is Claremont. You will see a plaza on your right, it has several Indian owned shops in it. The salon is one the right side of the plaza. I can not remember the name of the salon but they are very good and very cheap ($3), unless they have changed their prices in the last eight months.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey divine,

You&#39;re the second person to suggest this place. I think the name of the place is Hair Images. I let you know how it goes.

Thanks everyone for all of your help. :wub:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast