User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscars 2

vinny_46 Guest

Didn't get to add mine, so I made a new thread. B)

uke2: I've can't remember the last time I've been this indifferent to the winners. :mellow:

Best Dressed: Natalie Portman Dress

All of Beyonce's songs SUCKED. :rolleyes: But#3 sucked the least.

I can't stand it when all of the winners are already known, it was a shoe in. I'm just glad Scorcese didn't win...because everyone was giving him head the whole show. I'm sorry, but he just hasn't made a picture good enough to win in the last couple of years. :dunno:

Rock was good, but I was infuriated as well. I guess he did well. And I was sooo glad when Sean Penn came up and gave Jude Law much deserved respect.

J. Depp looked so good, all of I could think of was how much I needed a spanking. :blush: I'm so bad.

didn't like Halle's dress. but I really wanted to.

worst dress: Hillary Swank. It was a pretty and ugly dress, at the same time. Just wasn't right for her, and out of her age range. And she wasn't as deserving as some of the other nominees. :Angry_boese008: Same for Jamie Foxx. That's right. :mellow:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Sandra Oh, Selma Hayek and Kate Winslet's dresses.

It seemed like bright, strapless, form-fitting dresses with trains were in this year.
    That's Pooka in the avatar in happier, healthier days. We miss you, Poo-Bear. (7/95 [?]-8/14/07)

http://i17.tinypic.com/6bcua0x.jpg
    Amel Larrieux, me in the middle and Mr. Mer in "the green room" after Amel's performance at the Dakota Jazz Club on Monday, July 30. My hair is in a high puff. :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by vinny_46@Feb 28 2005, 01:22 AM
    I'm just glad Scorcese didn't win...because everyone was giving him head the whole show.
    [snapback]736971[/snapback]
    ointlaugh: ointlaugh: :lol: :lol:

I didn't get to finish my thoughts either, so......

I like Halle's dress and Hilary's dress. :dunno:

That's a nice picture you put up of Natalie Portman's dress. Very nice. ^_^

Renee Zellweger annoys me to the core. <_< I don&#39;t think she&#39;s attractive at all and I think she looks better with blonde hair.

I&#39;m mad at myself for almost crying at Jamie&#39;s acceptance speech. But it was moving, IMHO. -_-

And is it just me, or was there waaay too much breasts-eses shown tonight? :unsure:
    "The backlash against bone-straight hair can't come quickly enough: I like my hair with its Afro personality intact." --Hannah Pool, journalist

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a lovely dress:

dress
    That&#39;s Pooka in the avatar in happier, healthier days. We miss you, Poo-Bear. (7/95 [?]-8/14/07)

http://i17.tinypic.com/6bcua0x.jpg
    Amel Larrieux, me in the middle and Mr. Mer in "the green room" after Amel&#39;s performance at the Dakota Jazz Club on Monday, July 30. My hair is in a high puff. :)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved Jaime&#39;s acceptance speech and am HAPPY that he won...his performance was remarkable and was perfect cast with him representin Ray

I wasn&#39;t feelin Renee Zelwegger was anyone else urked at the way she was walking...?

charli is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renee Zellweger annoys me to the core. I don&#39;t think she&#39;s attractive at all and I think she looks better with blonde hair.
    You too huh? Her face and cheeks bother the bejeezus out of me.
    gigglezk- she comes over to np to air her dirty laundry but then can&#39;t handle it when we tell her her draws stank

AnaisKarim- There really are gender differences and there is nothing wrong with that as long as we recognize them and don&#39;t get continually blindsided by the constant quest for equality in every little thing. I feel my worth is equal to a man, but my function doesn&#39;t have to mirror his.

AnaisKarim- Hardheadedness and the inability to learn from the mistakes of others are two of the things that are causing quite a bit of grief for black women in the US today. We too often look for the one exception to the rule to justify making poor choices.

utamu- I love how talk of sexual openness turns into women needing to be willing to do any and everything to please their man (against her own preferences) because god forbid he&#39;ll cheat. We can&#39;t proclaim the era of sexual freedom and tolerance while telling women they need to be held hostage by a man&#39;s sexuality.

Back in the hometown of Los Angeles, CA...YAY!!!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m so thrilled with this year&#39;s Oscars! Most of my predictions came true

Chris Rock was a great host. From what I saw, I thought he did a good job. He was hilarious!

I started jumping up and down when Morgan Freeman won...how long
    overdue was that award? Oh man, I was happy to pieces!

I was rooting for Hilary Swank and she won! I think she&#39;s a great actress and very humble. I&#39;ve been on her career since her "The Next Karate Kid" days.

I really thought the Aviator was gonna win for best picture...but hey, Million Dollar Baby took it. Can&#39;t be mad at that.

I was actually rooting for Martin Scorsese, the "Susan Lucci" of awards. Clint Eastwood isn&#39;t a bad choice, but I was goin for Martin...maybe next time around.

And Jamie Foxx...man oh man...I was in the airport and my mama called me and was like, HE WON!!!! And I was like HE WON?!?!?! People were lookin me at crazy in the airport, but I didn&#39;t care. It was wierd...it was like, when he won, I felt like I had won for some reason.

I&#39;m definitely proud of the recognition that people of color got this year. I hope it only gets better!
    PROVERBS 16:3 ON ME</span>

Jams is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ValleyOfDecision@Feb 28 2005, 01:32 AM

I like Halle&#39;s dress and Hilary&#39;s dress. :dunno:

Renee Zellweger annoys me to the core. <_< I don&#39;t think she&#39;s attractive at all
    I&#39;m mad at myself for almost crying at Jamie&#39;s acceptance speech. But it was moving, IMHO. -_-

[snapback]736984[/snapback]
    Pretty much what I&#39;m thinking. I&#39;m not mad at almost crying bout his acceptance speech. When it&#39;s real, it&#39;s real

But Halle made me wanna do some crunches ^_^
    My experiences, that are mine and not to be generalised for other hijabis, have illustrated that the concern is not my oppression, but the inaccessibility of hijabi bodies and a general discomfort with those who have no problems with visible signs of cultural and religious difference. Kameelah Janan Rasheed

Call upon Me and I will Respond to you! (40:60)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m so happy that Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman won! I didn&#39;t really pay attn to the other stuff. The Oscars seemed pretty short this year. :dunno:

DC, the "real" chocolate city?...brooklyn bred b!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s official...I have a girl crush on Salma Hayek

Chris Rock did a great job. He didn&#39;t have to be censored or anything!

I actually thought Sean Penn needed to sit down. I didn&#39;t think it was that crucial....But that&#39;s just me...

I&#39;ve decided that Clint Eastwood just makes phenomenal movies. "Mystic River" anyone? Whoa!?!?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast