Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started out using Motions (I know, I know)
    Carols' Daughter Koren Amen
    Bath & Body Works' Eucalyptus Spearmint
    " " " Orange Ginger
    Suave (don't remember the scent)
    Suave Clarifying shampoo
    Aveda Rose Mint

I've now switched to Pure Castill with Peppermint (knock off Dr. Bronners) and I LOVE it. Although sometimes I only use it for my second wash - and use one of the above as the first wash. Just depends on my mood and if I want the smell of one of the ones listed above.

I've been pretty lucky because none of them has dried out my hair, but I only use them for about 4 washings before I'm bored with them.

I always follow up with a spritz of EO's and water - sometimes with a little shea butter mixed in.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using Dr. Bronner for at least the last 3 years and except for the fact that I need a clarifying shampoo every 12 weeks or so (used to be every six weeks with loose hair), my hair's done fine.

I'm just looking at different shampoos now because I'm BORED. :lol:

I appreciate the comments on some of the shampoos found at Whole Foods. I was in that aisle the other day wondering...okay, which one of these are any good?

And then earlier this week I went to the Lush shop in Chicago just to check it out...and I left with a sample of the Rehab shampoo. All their shampoos have sulfates in them but the Rehab was the only one that was semi-clear. So I'm going to dilute it in my nozzle bottle and try it this weekend. I'm kind of hoping it's NOT the best thing since sliced bread because the smallest size bottle costs $10.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

nckyola Guest

Dr. Bronner's
    Dr. Bronner's
    Dr. Bronner's
    ..... pick your flava!

(i also use PM tea tree from time to time - diluted of course)

BTW, LBell your hair is beautimous in that avatar!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to bump this up because I'm like...danggg...Lush Rehab really IS the best thing since sliced bread.

I diluted it in my nozzle-tip bottle, using approximately 6 parts water. Not only did my locs feel and smell great, but when I went out to run some errands I looked in my mirror and my locs were actually trying to SHINE a little. I am not joking. Rehab has a lot of different kinds of oil in it so maybe that's what's causing the shine.

I just can't get around the fact that the ish costs $10 for a 3.3-oz bottle!

*adding Lush to my list of preferred vendor gift certificates...my birthday's in June so hopefully someone will get me a gift certificate*

ETA: Thanks, nckyola!
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has anyone tried Shea Moisture Black Soap Shampoo

I've been using Kinky Curly Knot Today...but I think it may be over drying my hair.

Does anyone have any experience with the Shea Moisture Black Soap Shampoo. I haven't found many reviews on this from people with locs.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123