User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ihgemini Guest

Default Singles Ministries

Blessings,
    What does anyone feel about "Single Ministries"? Are they nothing but glorified dating services within the church?

Sasha Guest

Most of the singles ministries in the churches that I have been a part of try to teach Christians that its okay to be single. I don't feel that it could be anyway related to a dating services of any kind. But that just my opinion.

NaturalSkeeWee Guest

Singles ministries are there to help single men and women do greater works for the Lord by serving. I was a praise team singer for our singles ministry for 2 years. One thing that I learned in the ministry was that the Lord really needs singles to step up and do more. Singles are very important to ministry because we don’t have a “household” if you will to devote a lot of time too. I never went to any of our singles meetings or outings looking for dates it was strictly to hear the word and serve. I am married now :angel: but I enjoyed my time serving in that ministry.

ihgemini Guest

Blessings,
    Sounds like you to have had positive experienced with your ministries.

The reason I was asking the question was because I was invited to a masquarade ball for Valentine's Day, and the church's ministry was sponsoring the event. One of the tag lines was to come out and see the premier men and women of the church. That sounds like the same setting one would find at a cabaret, and the fact that it is held at a hotel??????

tjolims Guest

I don't know...all the singles ministries I've been to have basically been Christian dating services...and I've never been to a church where they've said it's okay to be single. Those of you who have been to places that do are very blessed.

musicalk Guest

Before I was married, I was very active in the Singles Ministry. At my church it was clearly a special blessing to be a single steward for the Lord. Being single can be an asset to live a full life. We celebrated the works of Jesus as the utmost single of all. It may have been that particular congregation or your interpretation.

musicalk Guest

Before I was married, I was very active in the Singles Ministry. At my church it was clearly a special blessing to be a single steward for the Lord. Being single can be an asset to live a full life. We celebrated the works of Jesus as the utmost single of all. It may have been that particular congregation or your interpretation.

NaturalSkeeWee Guest

Churches really need to put singles in perspective. If a church is feeding singles to come to the singles ministry to get hooked up then that is sending the wrong message and singles will have a warped sense of what being a Christian single is really about. Again it is about service. I don't see anything wrong with going to a party with other singles even if its off site but is someone going to preach the word, what is the theme message of the evening. There is nothing wrong with the party but if it is perpetuating a sense or spirit of sexual tension or come and hook up with a single then that is out of order.
    FYI...Some good teachings on being single are by: Bishop T.D. Jakes, Juanita Bynum-Weeks, Michelle McKinney Hammond and Bishop Eddie Long. Be blessed :lilangel:

ihgemini Guest

Blessings,
    Thanks for the replies ladies!

I don't think I'm going to the party anyway because I really don't do that much anymore regardless of the genre.

It was just funny that I received this invite right after attending Bible Class right on this very subject. My Pastor said that in his church he wouldn't have a singles ministry because it will indirectly throw people in the mind of who is single and eligible. Just because they are in the church, doesn't mean that they're the right or pre-destined one for you. In church the focus should be on Glorifying God, and serving and fulfilling the duties of the Church to bring about that praise.

I just thought his viewpoint was interesting and made alot of sense. Cause I'll admit, that I thought I might find "HIM" at church. Now my perspective is different and my outlook toward my Christian brothers is VERY different. I'll just wait on the Lord because the vision will come at its appointed time.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Twistie74 Guest

I never knew they existed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast