Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I've decided to join the Gospel Choir at my college and I love it!! I spent an entire quarter watching them perform and I had a pressing on my heart that screamed, 'I want to sing too & I know I can do this!' So I joined this quarter.

Keep in mind this is my first exposure to Gospel and I actually enjoy it. I tried to join last quarter but I couldn't because of class scheduling conflicts. Also, I believe God was preparing me by having me follow the choir to their concerts and join a baptist church (1st exposure too) to get the feel of singing for him from my heart while ministering to others. I prayed about it and now here I am. Thank you Jesus. I am very happy right now and I had to share. :wub:

Anybody else out there who is in a gospel choir, is thinking about it, or would like to share their 1st experience?
    Natural since Dec. 2003

DC Metro (MD)...Charlotte, NC born and bred
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey sis!! SO happy to hear your testimony, well...

When I was in undergrad (wow, can't believe I am saying that) I was a member of the UNC Gospel Choir and it was one of my best religious and undergraduate experiences. truly, our choir was a ministry and not only did we minister to the University and surrounding community, but also to each other. We had prayer leaders (Warriors) and devotion before rehearsal and praise reports and requests following and it really aided in my spiritual growth while at UNC. I dearly miss being a part of "GC" but enjoy returning to the anniversary concerts...currently I am in law school and wish that I had the time to dedicate to singing in a choir at my church, but I just sig along in the pews and at home....

Just my lil' piece...best of luck to you this quarter with your school work and especially in your Christian walk...

Be blessed, smooches
    ~Chocol8
    Officially (4/19/07) Chocol8diva714, Esq...God is so good!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Soooo ummm, my ALBUMS were ERASED and i've cried and now i'm in the process of compiling and updating...hope to have something soon!! NP has really meant so much to my napptural journey but also to my transition into womanhood...LOVE, PEACE, and BLESSINGS Y'ALL!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Your hair is so beautiful and strong, I can feel the Earth in it..."
    ~SOS

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chocol8 I was looking through your album and I just love your hair!! It's so gorgeous and those twists are fanstastic!! :wub:

eta: thanks for the encouragement and we are currently ministering the same way you did as an undergrad. Even though i'm about to graduate and pretty much done w/ school, I decided to come back and sing anyway. ^_^
    Natural since Dec. 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay dewdrop

I'm not in my school's choir but my close friends are and I go to many of the concerts.

God bless!

*Live & Let Live*
    :: Unapologetically Natural for 27 years! :: I my locs!

Click here to PANK yourself!