nukia is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I coloured my hair with a permanent dye...it was red, that was the worst thing i could have done. I have to constantly trim the edges because they are so dry no matter how hard i tried to moisturize. I think I chopped 3 inches in 3 months

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any one ever use Adore? Just curious... I saw it in the store today...
    <span style="color:red">Last chemical fire cream Late Sept/Early Oct 04

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could turn back time. I colored my hair at home. It was a bad expericence. I didn&#39;t take care of my hair and it was very dry and it broke off. I had to cut my hair off over and over again. I don&#39;t think I&#39;m ever gonna color my hair again. I think if you are going to color your hair, DON&#39;T USE ANY HARSH CHEMICALS!!! Try henna. I think you could perchase it at any health food store. Go to the files section of this yahoo group and it will tell you about henna

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/black-queen

I big choped about 8 months ago and my hair is 4 1/2 to 5 inches long. The dyed part is only at the tips of my hair. Seeing how the dyed part is at the tips of my hair only reminds me of how long my hair would be right now. And it burns me up. But I&#39;m learning to deal with my hair mistakes. Hope this helps.
    Peace
    7/8/05
    I&#39;m wearing protective stlyles right now. I&#39;m also taking the vitamin GNC Womans Ultra Norishair. And I do the baggie method for 30 mintutes a day. Once a week I do a hot oil treament, deep condition and a condition. So far all these things that I&#39;m doing keeps my hair healthy and shiny. Especially my ends. I&#39;m working on takikng good care of my ends. Because the condition of my ends is a big factor in weather I retain my lenght or not. My hair is 5 1/2 scratching 6 inches long. So thats whats up.

My goal is to be consistant with my regimine and to reach 9" of healthy nappy hair by 12/31/05

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Scrills@Apr 8 2005, 03:13 PM
    For those who you who got your hair colored professionally with Aveda products, how did you find a salon?
    [snapback]798049[/snapback]
    Just make sure when you go in for a consultation you ask what COLORING products they use. I went to a concept salon and as it was explained to me, the difference between them and a journey salon is that they " are still on their journey" ( her words not mine ) At a concept salon they use Aveda products with the exception of their hair color and re***ers. Each are independantly owned and operated, so things may be different in your neck of the woods. HTH

Noe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I had my Aveda consultation today. I went to the store and asked both the curly head and the black girl for referrals. The black girl referred me to come one who does a lot of AA hair.

She was really nice. She said that she loved my hair and had I come in two days earlier she would have put me in the Aveda fashion show tomorrow. It was funny because people kept coming up and telling me that they loved my hair and that I would have been perfect for the show.

She has curly hair (although she was wearing it straight)

she explained the dye used (99.7, or something like that, natural and damage free).

She felt that it would be better to do the bottow 2/3 of my hair and not the roots due to the thickness at the scalp. I don&#39;t really have a problem with this because I don&#39;t want the my hairline to have that funny look when you have all over color

She invited me to the show to see the AA model whose hair she had done. The model is also natural.

Overall, I like her and I think I am going to get it done.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used Textures and Tones after researching on this board, and I have no complaints. It left my hair feeling normal/soft, not dry and damaged.

I plan on coloring my hair back to black again, and I don&#39;t think I&#39;ll even perm. color it again. Only rinses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234