Thread: Empaths

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a LOT that I can say about this and I am SO GLAD that SOMEONE dug this up!! I have tried to talk with other people who are in my circle about this very thing, and I end up “getting the look”. My friends and family (as well as I) are all Christian, so these types of things often get lumped with the occult, which is a def no-no. At any rate, here are some of my experiences….not in any particular chronological order…my mom got surgery for her carpal tunnel and MY wrists hurt, my son bumped his knee and MINE hurt, I cut my hand and my mom called me RIGHT at that moment (which she always does), I dreamed my sister’s death before it happened....actually she was lying in the coffin in the EXACT clothing with the EXACT hairstyle as what she ended up wearing at her funeral. I was in a session with a couple (the hubby was cheating-it was later found out) and I was in PHYSICAL pain in his presence because I KNEW that he wasn’t being totally honest, I have known what people were going to say or do before they said/did it with no apparent clues, I have picked up feelings (I liken it to a radio that you are trying to tune) from people without knowing anything about them only to later find out that they were on point, sometimes I can’t touch people because I (can’t necessarily explain this) “get” things about them…this also happens if I touch someone’s things sometimes…..I could go on and on…I never understood this phenomenon. My mom and I can think each other’s thoughts (literally GET OUT OF MY HEAD type of thing) and we finish each other’s sentences. I have often said that we are twin souls, though I don’t know if that means anything. She had her firstborn (me) in January, and I had MY firstborn in January. She was married twice (I’m on my second marriage) and we BOTH got pregnant at 18. The reason that I keep adding my momma in this equation is that after reading some of the posts I’m CONVINCED that I get it from her. I think my middle son might be an empath, but all three of my kids COULD be. It’s so deep. I have cried and agonized over this because I didn’t “want it”. I can’t get anyone to listen to me when I want to talk about it. ONE LAST STORY….when my stepbrother died, I had a MASSIVE headache all that day. I JUST SO HAPPENED to take a different route walking to my workspace, at which point I walked past a payphone. I NEVER answer payphones, but as I walked by the phone, it rang! FOR SOME REASON, I answered it, and MY MOM was on the phone!! It was at that point that she told me that he had died. My headache instantly went away. I’ve told this story many times and I usually get “the look”.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that I am. But mostly I pick up on sadness, anger, tension.. Occassionally love.. It use to be REAL bad when I was a little one. And the teens.. I would cry and cry and cry. You&#39;d expect emotional out bursts from a teen though, but these were different. I wasn&#39;t an angry teen or overly dramatic. (<_< well.. Not really.) But I&#39;d just be sitting.. And all of a sudden this great sadness would come over me and I&#39;d cry for hours.. My mom would be like "What&#39;s wrong with you?" And I&#39;d just be like "The worlds a mess mom.. It&#39;s a big mess. " And she&#39;d be like "Whatever." :P Though she never said it, she was thinking it. Arguements were the worst. I&#39;d get so... Rilled up.. Like I could feel their anger just flushing over me!! I&#39;m glad I can control it a little better now. Maybe.. OK, at least I&#39;m grown and I can IGNORE IT.. :P

:P Jen :P
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZenInTheArt
    http://aplayahsjourney.blogspot.com
    http://public.fotki.BlackAngelPlayah.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump! Just the thread I was looking for! Extreme empath here. Im trying to find balance between my feelings and sensing others. It's happening more frequently with people I'm not even close with. It's hard not to isolate myself from people. I'm doing little exercises so that I can maintain some control. But being an empath definitely helps me avoid certain situations, or at least enter into it well informed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump :

Empath, clairvoyant, clairsentient. Checking in I have this strong ability to manifest things into my life and it happens extremely fast, and I'm talking hours or even within days.
    Locsonaps

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have regular dreams that happen and can totally sense when someone around me is pregnant and not showing.
    Locsonaps

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping it up
    Locsonaps

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One time this girl was crying beside me at the Buddhist center and i started to cry too is that empath behavior?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I would say on a smaller scale yes? I know ther are times I wil feel extreme sadness or feelings related to a specific occurrence (like heartbreak or loss) and the person giving off that feeling will have an outward appearance of everything being great. I thought it was just me, it there were too many times that I would followup and find out something was wrong or that person has experienced a loss or heartbreak. I think being an empath may enhance other gifts I haven't discovered yet though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering if anyone here considers themselves to be an empath and if so what your expereiences have been or if you just have anything to add the conversation.
    I don't know if I am. I'm sensitive to other people's emotions, but terrible with my own if that makes any sense. Sometimes I block by avoiding eye contact because I'll read, pick up thoughts, carry their emotions and try to solve the issue. When my mind is idle or open, i'm more sensitive.... particularly among children, the elderly and the destitute. It's like I can't cry for myself, but I can cry for others if I feel their pain. I question why i'm this way for it's been a blessing and a curse.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where have I been?? I am a STRONG empath, and Indigo Child as well as a seer (mostly pre cog) but I also sometimes see people's past.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast