Discovery Bay, Jamaica - Baltimore, Maryland
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always had a strong empathy for people and have always had out-of-the-ordinary things happen to me, but I always just figured I was extremely sensitive, but recently, it has been getting out of control. Last month, my auntie called me on the phone to say that she was coming by my house and as I was talking to her, I started to break out in hives all over for no reason. I could actually watch them appear. When she knocked on my door, she had the same exact hives everywhere. And once she left, the hives went away within a few hours. And she did not mention that she had hives to me. Strange, right? Then for the past weeks, I started exhibiting a lot of early pregnancy symptoms. Such as morning sickness, lack of energy, bloating, and I started fretting about "oh god what if I am pregnant?" though I really logically didn't think that I was as I am very aware of my cycle (I always know when I am ovulating or about to) I had so many of the symptoms for the past days that my hubby asked me if I thought I was carrying even though I hadn't said anything to him about it. Last night, my sister called me and told me she was pregnant and articulated everything that I had been feeling. The even stranger part is that she is a month pregnant which is when I started to feel the symptoms and I am NOT pregnant. On a regular basis, I physically feel when something is wrong with my husband and vice versa even when I am thousands of miles away.

My point is that this is starting to happen a lot. I am getting to the point now where I can sometimes walk by a complete stranger and literally feel their emotions. I am saying this because I know they are not my feelings and as soon as the person is gone, I feel normal again. I do not like this feeling especially the physical aspect of it.

So I guess, in my longwinded way, I am wondering if anyone here considers themselves to be an empath and if so what your expereiences have been or if you just have anything to add the conversation.

I'm a Native Afrikan.
    Bringing in a new way of appreciation.
    Discover this way.
    Art of my mouth.
    Art of my sounds.
    Feel underground.
    Radiate your mind.
    While echoing the sounds.
    The sounds of our ancestors.
    Ancestry in progess

-Marie Dualne

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I experience this, but only with those close to me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very interesting. I'm sorry it's getting to a point where it causes you considerable discomfort.

I have never had these experiences nor have I known anyone with anyone close to what you have described (besides stories of the stigmata).

If you don't want to post about this, that's fine, but maybe you should ask yourself what has been going on with you on a spiritual level lately. Has there been some change in your spiritual life since you've been experiencing this more frequently?

I hope you find the answers you seek.
    Last R.elaxer: Dec. 2003 Big Chop: March 4, 2005

"I know I'm not ordinary... Alright! I'm EXTRAORDINARY! What of it?" -Laurence of Arabia

When you discover what happens when your thoughts, feelings, and actions align, you have discovered the secret.

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more. --Harriet Tubman

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens to me with family members and people that I love dearly in my life.

It's beginning to happen with people that just plain resonate in my soul for some reason. I have to learn to both develop it and control it because I am in training to be an Ifa Priestess (of Oshun), and I can't let it overwhelm me. Otherwise, I won't be able to properly counsel spiritually because I let myself drown in these physical manistifations of emotional and spiritual origin.

I'm learning to react to them in the proper way, instead of dwelling on and/or holding on to them. I sure don't mind when my grandma is thinking of me or there's a sign that something is going on with her :wub: .

- Sacral

Sacral

I'm an Orange Moon......Child of the Moon and Sun

I found God within myself, and I love Her. I love Her" - Ntozake Shange (variation of original quote)

"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

Om Namah Shivaya

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experienced this a few times, but not as strong as you have. I also had symptoms of pregnancy for a few weeks and later found out that my friend was pregnant at the time I had these symptons. I have gone to church and have sat next to a person and just knew they were really depressed, even though they looked okay.

So sorry that your gift is causing you pain...but obviously you have it for a reason. :wub:
    "To whom much is given much is required."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa an empath thread!

Yeah I'm empathic too, and there were points where it seemed really overwhelming, but I think empathy is a sense a lot like hearing. We might not be able to turn it off, but we can choose to tune some things out. It takes practice and it won't come quickly but it can be done.

For you empaths out there here is a site which might help: http://www.geocities.com/christabelle67/Th...pathIndex1.html The creator of the website is Christel, one of my best friends. ( :wub: She's a real good person.) She's got a lot of good info on there. She's Maori by the way which is why she got the some Maori links up. And there is a messageboard there where you can ask questions.
    HTH

Midoria is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sunnysmile751@Apr 21 2005, 11:48 PM
    For you empaths out there here is a site which might help: http://www.geocities.com/christabelle67/Th...pathIndex1.html The creator of the website is Christel, one of my best friends. ( :wub: She's a real good person.) She's got a lot of good info on there. She's Maori by the way which is why she got the some Maori links up. And there is a messageboard there where you can ask questions.
    HTH
    [snapback]818308[/snapback]

Maori? Like "Whale Rider" Maori?

If so, totally kewl.
    REAL sisters stop crying, grab a foot, and help get the nun off the road...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Midoria@Apr 22 2005, 08:43 AM
    Maori? Like "Whale Rider" Maori?

If so, totally kewl.
    [snapback]818696[/snapback]
    :smil3f9cf95099cff:

Yup, like Whale Rider lol, although the iwi (tribe) in the movie is not her iwi, she is Tainui, another tribe. But her husband (who is Ngati Porou like the tribe in the movie.) and sons are descendants of Paikea.

Although I used to hate it and wish to be "normal" I'm glad i'm empathic, because it keeps me away from negative people. And LISTEN to your empathy. I remember one time where I didn't listen to what my empathy was telling me about this girl and we became friends because since my other friends where friends with her i thought, "hmm, maybe I'm mistaken, maybe she's a good person." WRONG! I should've have followed my instinct cuz a couple of months later she started causing trouble with me and this guy I was dating. And she betrayed me real bad. Follow your instincts.

I was wondering if any of you can tell when other people are empathic? I can tell a lot of times. Most of my closest friends are empaths too, cuz when I met them we just understood each other so well.

alma2254 Guest

Lovely topic!

Originally posted by sunnysmile751@Apr 22 2005, 02:18 PM
    Although I used to hate it and wish to be "normal" I'm glad i'm empathic, because it keeps me away from negative people. And LISTEN to your empathy.

I was wondering if any of you can tell when other people are empathic? I can tell a lot of times. Most of my closest friends are empaths too, cuz when I met them we just understood each other so well.
    [snapback]818766[/snapback]
    ITA. I'm always trying to be alert to it and it always works. It helps with my work too, much of my work is based on it.

Def. I think most of the people I get on really well with a clicked on another level were empathic too.

Thanks so much for that link!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Empaths

Empaths, protect your energy. These days are brutal. Feel..dont absorb.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast