Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm below! I measured my hair on the same date for the past two years and found that my hair grows 5 inches a year. boo hoo. It's crazy to me how others can grow 5 inches in 5 months and others have to wait years or more to get the same amount of growth.

So do you know your numbers?? Share! op:

tran68 Guest

if that were true I'd have 24 inches of hair by now! Mine grows about 1-2 inches a year.

pearce1974 Guest

I don't know, but I can tell it's growing, because even though I lose oodles in the shower, it touches and surpasses my shoulders more and more...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm below average as well, maybe four inches per year. And I'm being generous with that estimate.

I remember how I naively believed three years ago that I'd have 18 inches of hair by now. I even envisioned the styles I'd be able to wear. Even taking into account the approximately four inches I've trimmed, that would have left me with 14 inches of hair. I'm not even close to that!

I've stopped measuring. That was just way too frustrating.

And yes, it can drive you a little crazy when you see someone whose hair grows like a weed without their doing anything special. Meanwhile, you can be drinking water, exercising, eating right, and taking vitamins -- all of which I do -- and it doesn't make the slightest difference.

littlefish
    "The world becomes a vessel of the Divine when you see the Divine in all things." -- Caroline Myss

March 2004 Napp of the Month
    http://public.fotki.com/littlefish/

Augusta, Georgia but born in southern CALI!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm below! I measured my hair on the same date for the past two years and found that my hair grows 5 inches a year. boo hoo. It's crazy to me how others can grow 5 inches in 5 months and others have to wait years or more to get the same amount of growth.

I think that is still good. Just think, after a year your hair is five inches longer. That is alot of new growth. Especially considering the fact that when you perm your hair it just gets shorter and shorter as it breaks off instead of growing. As for me I've never measured my hair but I've been growing it out natural since about January of this year and I can already see the growth. Isn't it amazing to know that our hair does grow and not just when its in braids?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I B.C'ed Nov 15th down to an ultra-short twa and now i'm between 3.5 - 4 inches depending which part of my head it is. I think it's growing about 3/4 of an inch per month at that rate. That's 8-9 inches per year at the most.

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never measured my hair. I wonder how long it will be by now if I did. How do you guys measure yours? I know that just the other day, my boyfriend said that my hair has grown in the last 6 weeks. I was like "Wow, enough for him to notice?" Cool. Anyhow, I am so happy I'm nappy. Rocking my :afro: with attitude!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'd say it's grown 3 inches in 5 months, so maybe 4 inches per year... your hair growth rate varies depending on season, diet and other factors. my friend said her hair once stopped growing for 6 months! :dunno:
    [url="http://stealstyle.blogspot.com/"]I Like Her Style! - New Fashion Blog![/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It grows sloooow. No more than 3-4" per year. Four inches is probably generous. When I used to think I was supposed to meet the alleged 6" per year average I used to be so frustrated and disappointed with my hair but now that I no longer hold myself to that standard I feel great about it. I had a twa last summer and now I'm at about 5". It may not be much but I'm excited about it.

ETA - growth rate is with vitamins. Vits make my hair healthy but I haven't found anything to speed up the growth rate (and I've tried a lotta things!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair grows slow as well. I would say 3-4 inches per year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast