User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    nappturallymeRG Guest

Phil. 4:13
    umpheart: Do you believe in this quote?
    If so, what are some things that you have accomplished or acheived that you did not think you would have prior to this belief?? Please share your testimony (if you will :P )-- Our hearts are waiting! umpheart:

tjolims Guest

napturallymeRG, I have to say...everything! I should not be alive and functioning today...everything from mental illness and suicide to laziness and failure has been spoken over me...it is only by the grace of God that I am able to do anything! It is only through him that I exist--and even when I slip , he is manifested, because he is made strong through my weakness.

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair Guest

Well, one thing in particular that sticks out in my mind is when I decided to change my major from Pre-Med to Music Therapy. I've played the piano since I was five and I love it, but I never considered making a career out of it. God blessed me with the talent of playing music by ear, so I spent most of my teen years developing this talent and using it to praise God.

My sophomore year in college was especially hard. My classes were extremelly difficult and it was having a severe impact on me. I didn't play the piano anymore, I was depressed, and actually considered suicide. But thank God, I made it through. After the school year was through, I decided to change my major but I didn't know to what. That when my mom found out about Music Therapy, which is a relatively new major, and she and I decided it sounded like the perfect major for me.

I spent the summer practicing for my audition and trying to make sure I was on an OK level to be accepted. Even though I had been playing the piano for quite a while, I was used to playing gospel by ear, and was not really used to playing classical, even though I had before. I was scared I wasn't going to get accepted because I knew the students were waaaay better and had been playing, seriously, for a longer amount of time, and plus my GPA was pretty low from the previous year.

Anyway, I got my songs together and went to my audition. I prayed to God and asked him to guide my fingers, to open the hearts of the people judging me, and to do His will. At my audition, I did fairly well, but made some mistakes. The panel asked me to step out while they made their decision. I WAS A NERVOUS WRECK! Anyway, when they invited me back in, they asked me to sit down. I was pretty sure they were going to reject me. They asked me questions about my school work, my piano skill, and why I changed. The departmend head said to me "I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but I'm going to accept you. I think you will be good for our program." PRAISE GOD!!!

I know if I relied on my own knowledge and strength, they would have rejected me, but thanks to God, I made it, and now I LOVE my major and being able to use my talent to help others.

Peace,

Afrika

elleebeme5 Guest

There are so many things that looked at separately are minor. But when I look at might life as a whole, I see how much as been accomplished in my life via the grace of God. In Phillipians 4, Paul is talking about difficult times but through them, he learns to be content because God will provide the strength.

One of my grandfathers was functionally illiterate; the other was an alcoholic (loved his family and took care of them, but he was a drunk). One grandmother died young, the other raised 8 kids in a 4 room house. My parents have a high school diplomas. But through the grace of God, I was given the opportunity to persue my an education and acheive my goals. In the acknowlegement part of my dissertation, I quoted Phil: 4:13 becuase I understand that was just a vehicle for the Lord to get glory. Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, this was only accomplished, not because of anything that I did.