Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by rmcandlelight@Oct 20 2005, 09:30 AM
    I'm in my 9th month of transitioning and I've been pulling my hair back with a fax ponytail using a protective band. At night I take it down. Do you think this will prevent breakage? Do some of you wear your pony puffs to bed? I also position my ponytail. Some days in the middle and other days toward the back. Do you think this may help?
    [snapback]1043095[/snapback]
    1st, Congrats on your decision!
    Repositioning the pony is a good idea because it gives certain areas a rest. Also you don't want to sleep with a pony...take the hair down and let it rest. I would still not get in the routine of wearing a puff all of the time. I usually wear a protective style for 2-3 days, then a twistout (no headband) for a few days, then I'll rock a puff for about 2 days with a Goody Ouchless headband that's not tight. This gives my hair at least a 6 day break in between. HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people are experiencing hair breakage in the middle because when you put those bands on, blood circulation in the middle of your head is reduced which could cause hair loss. Someone mentioned that earlier. The headaches are the result of the bands also. I tried the pony puff several times and it's just too painful. The band doesn't seem tight at first but after one hour I get a headache. If I do a puff, it's on the weekends so if I have problems I just take it off.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im lost. a pony puff is what? because i wash my hair everyday and put a head band on and pull it back. that isnt a pony puff, right?
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THe key is to not pull your edges too tightly because it will cause thinning and breakage. I love wearing puffs and will again but I'll just hold off on the headbands and wear the puffs looselyand only wear headbands SOMETIMES, lol
    Member since 2002
    Np will ALWAYS be home!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to wear the puff a lot, but stopped because I got tired of the style being the only one I could wear. Now that I have my hair done, I have to figure out what to do with it when its time to take my hair down.

Q

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SepiaAngel+May 18 2005, 04:46 PM-->
    I think I'll hold off on the ponypuffs for awhile...I've noticed that I get headaches wearing them...
    [snapback]851424[/snapback]
    [/b]
    I used to wear puffs all the time. Then I started to braid them once a week (i can't hold braids in for longer than a week. the get messed up). After being used to the individual braids, i started to notice that when i wear puffs, i feel like the hair is pulled back too tight even when it's not. And my head would hurt. So i am now wearing braids more frequently.

<!--QuoteBegin-Napbella
    @Jun 10 2005, 10:55 AM
    I love my puff--but...my hair gets dry extremely fast when I wear a puff. I haven&#39;t had breakage but I cant deal with the crispy feeling
    [snapback]879825[/snapback]
    I&#39;ve also noticed that my hair gets very dry very quickly when i wear a puff. I prefer braids. I gotta try the two-strand twists sometime. Gotta vary the styles.
    I would love to cornrow but I can&#39;t. I&#39;ve tried twice ( i know i should keep on trying) but the result does not look like braids or like twists. Just look like a big ol&#39; mess.

Anyways, I don&#39;t think i&#39;ll be doing the puff for a while. Or not as much. I usually wear it for just a day anyways. And that&#39;s only when my arms hurt too much for me to braid. lol

On Nappturality since July 2003. Last creamy crack session: May 2003.
    No more of that since finding Nappturality.com

vnesa6543 Guest

Originally posted by sjgs@Oct 23 2005, 10:58 AM
    im lost. a pony puff is what? because i wash my hair everyday and put a head band on and pull it back. that isnt a pony puff, right?
    [snapback]1046553[/snapback]
    I know what your talking about. That is just a puff. A pony puff is like a natural hair pony tail. You can check in my album to see what it looks like.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789