Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Ok ladies I wash my hair 2 times a week to get rid of my dandruff! I wash it with tea tree shampoo and sulfur 8 and oil my scalp and in 2 or 3 days the flakes are back! What is the problem?
    I have not retwisted my hair in a while because it makes no since to retwist and then wash my hair in 3 days, you know! I don't know what the problem is? Maybe its the weather change because I have not had flakes like this since I was permie!!!!

or_nurse Guest

Nizoral shampoo works well for some people. You might want to try that. :dunno:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id like to hear any solutions myself, I have dry dry scalp also but i cant wash becuz ive only had my locs 1 month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a miracle for organisoul's head!..His dandruff wash literally the size of frosted flakes! I was his hair once a week w/eckard dandruff shampoo w/ Tar in it, I then use pure shea butter on his scalp. Every two weeks I spray vinegar on his scalp, let it sit 30 minutes and then wash..I follow up. w/ shea butter as well on his scalp and He has no problems! REALLY!
    www.youtube.com/napngo
    www.myspace.com/chi_style

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey natural_high where can i get the shampoo and what type of vinegar plain or ACV. Girl I need some help because I can not deal with this!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I started rinsing w/ACV I did notice a difference w/my scalp condition. I don't have to oil it as much as before. Last week I started rinsing w/Rosemary tea. I love that too.

Originally posted by shahid1226@May 26 2005, 05:35 PM
    Id like to hear any solutions myself, I have dry dry scalp also but i cant wash becuz ive only had my locs 1 month.
    [snapback]859862[/snapback]
    Even though it's been a month, you can wash your locs. Just be very gentle. You can even pin them before you wash so they don't unravel too much. I washed my hair after 10 days. I had no problems.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
    Psalms 118:6
    My Fotki
    http://photos.hi5.com/0000/142/318/81M164142318-02.jpg
    Spring 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id go with NIZORAL as well...that stuff is a little expensive, but SO WORTH IT. I had terrible dandruff problems, but it stopped almost immediately after my first use of Nizoral. Now I wash with it maybe once a month, and do ACV rinses other times I wash. I tried tea tree, and it didn't work so well, same thing with Neutrogena (sp)...Nizoral is it!

Some people say you can find it at WalMart...I ordered mine online from drugstore.com
    <div align="center">TWA Grow Out Challenge 2009
    12-31-08~ 4 inches
    TWA Grow Out Challenge Goal~ 5 inches stretched by December 2009
    Personal goal~ 8 inches stretched
    </span>
    </div>

<span style="color:#990000">
    My FOTKI
    http://members.fotki.com/mzrayona06/about/?order_by=num

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tbs4u@May 27 2005, 01:07 AM
    Hey natural_high where can i get the shampoo and what type of vinegar plain or ACV. Girl I need some help because I can not deal with this!!!
    [snapback]860215[/snapback]
    I got the shampoo from Big Lots but you know their stuff are closeouts..It my still be there. But any shampoo w/ tar or the other stuff that the rest of the sisters are saying (the N stuff) is really good..Truthfully any vineger will work. I&#39;ve looked at different home remedies and it doesn&#39;t seem to matter cause one will say this type of vinegar and ther will say that type of vinegar..Try it and keep me posted.
    www.youtube.com/napngo
    www.myspace.com/chi_style

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have loc, but if it would help, I use the Olive Oil hair cream along with Ultra Sheen "natural hair grease." It usually last me for about five days without flakes.

My shampoo regimen is simple: Prell Clarifiying Shampoo - Clarifying Conditioner by V05 and Tea Tree Conditioner. Can&#39;t think of the name of the conditioner right now though. :dunno:

Failure is the opportunity to start over and do it right.

my album

[url="http://public.fotki.com/Yolanda35/"]http://public.fotki.com/Yolanda35/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though it&#39;s been a month, you can wash your locs. Just be very gentle. You can even pin them before you wash so they don&#39;t unravel too much. I washed my hair after 10 days. I had no problems.
    [snapback]860704[/snapback]
    [/quote]

Oh really! Now I know this might sound kinda dumb, but pin them how?

Do you mean a clip at the bottom and the top (roots) of each twist? If so, I&#39;m afraid my hair would just unravel inbetween anyway.

Hmmm, OR I guess I could twist the whole loc up into, what that called - Nubin Knots - and the pin and then wash. That way its already tight and can&#39;t unravel...I could leave it that way until dry and then untwist. Although my locs might look super twisted.

Anyway can you &#39;splain more by what you mean by pinning them?

Thanks - LiSaC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast