0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Here is a good artical.
    http://www.dermatologytimes.com/dermatolog...il.jsp?id=56489
    Dr. Callender

http://www.callenderskin.com/csc-callender.htm

Here another one
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...34/ai_102452890
    Our hair-care practices are the major cause of both hair breakage and loss. Abusing hair with multiple processes, such as improperly or too frequently applied hair relaxers, coupled with excessive heat from hair dryers, hot rollers, and curling or flat irons can lead to breakage. Double processes, such as applying hair dyes on top of relaxers, are also damaging. At worst, these practices can cause a hair loss in Black women that's known as follicular degeneration syndrome or central centrifugal scarring alopecia. Other common causes of hair loss include traction alopecia (pulling from curlers or hairstyles that are too tight) and female-pattern alopecia, a hereditary form of hair loss in which women progressively thin at the top of the head.
    Pictures of hair loss.
    :)

w2goback is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally convinced my mother to stop using the crack cream, she seem so afraid and unsure, but I think that the bald spot in the middle of her head and me telling her how thick and beautiful my natural hair is finally convinced her to stop lyeing to herself. I am so happy. I am sharing these 2 with her now. I can't wait to have a nappy mommy.
    My 2006 Album

My 2005 Album

My 1st Album

I am Nappy and enjoying every minute of the journey and loving my hair and all its ups and downs

Be the person you want the world to be: Ghandi
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sham/charm.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for posting. Most people still don't believe that relaxers can cause alopecia. They even think a chemical fire cream make their hair grow.

w2goback is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by masoesa@Jul 9 2005, 08:38 AM
    Thank you for posting. Most people still don't believe that relaxers can cause alopecia. They even think a chemical fire cream make their hair grow.
    [snapback]918607[/snapback]
    I really do believe some of us AA women needs re-programming to accept our natural hair and to believe that we can handle/manage our own beautiful hair, my mother is one of those people and being older hair seems to be a major part of who she is. I remember when my mom was younger she used to cut off her hair to the scalp and just go, but now, she is like a crack addict to the fire cream. WIth my help she will be cured and her scalp hopefully is not permanently damaged.
    My 2006 Album

My 2005 Album

My 1st Album

I am Nappy and enjoying every minute of the journey and loving my hair and all its ups and downs

Be the person you want the world to be: Ghandi
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sham/charm.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by w2goback@Jul 9 2005, 08:56 AM
    I finally convinced my mother to stop using the crack cream, she seem so afraid and unsure, but I think that the bald spot in the middle of her head and me telling her how thick and beautiful my natural hair is finally convinced her to stop lyeing to herself. I am so happy. I am sharing these 2 with her now. I can't wait to have a nappy mommy.
    [snapback]918582[/snapback]
    Just took a look at your album. It's definitly an inspiration to go natural. You and your hair look great! Mom should have no problem with your help either.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...pictures are truly powerful.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003