Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Brief history:

I got Sisterlocks put in Jan 2004. I didn't always get to see my consultant regularly, so in between her visits I would latch my locks. After awhile, I stopped seeing her at all and decided to take my locks into my own hands. Since then, I've combined the front half of my locks because I just don't have the time or inclination to be latching 425+ locks.

About a week ago I started latching my newgrowth and was surprised to find that about an inch back from the start of my front hairline is extremely short and broken off. When I had my Sisterlocks put in, there were actual tiny short short locks there. Over time, the locs would break off - over a looong period of time, which is why I say I was surprised about my hairline. Plus I usually wear bangs of some sort, I never wear it pulled back. Has anyone had this happen? How did you deal with it? I can tell you that I don't latch often - about every 12 weeks or so, and I never latch tight to the scalp, so this really has me worrying about my hair.

I don't know how this could have happened. I'm ready to cry every time I think about it.
    [SIZE=2]Nini[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just a couple of suggestions. Is it possible for you to go back to your consultant aned find out what went wrong? Hopefully you left on good terms. Did you take the retightening class that is offered? Maybe the latching was not good for your hair type. I have no idea - just giving some thoughts and suggestions. Also, you might want to start massaging the tempel area and increase the blood flow to that portion of the scalp. I read somewhere that something like that could help with hair growth. (if nothing more, it feels good and can be relaxing). Maybe the combining did not particularly work out well. Again, just some thoughts...
    May the road rise up to meet you...may the wind be ever at your back...(Irish Prayer)