skegee94 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a way to spray oil onto the surface and ends of my hair, but when I put my oil mix in one of my spray bottles, the squirt is too straight/concentrated. I want a spray that makes a wider distribution/a mist, if that makes sense. Maybe I just need a better spray bottle instead of spending $16 on a product. But I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Carols Daughter oil spray product. Anyone?...Anyone?...
    If it's you, can you tell me what the scent was like? The texture? The sheen? The spray?
    Thanks a bunch.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't tried the product, but if you are looking for a better bottle then what I did was use an old body spray bottle that I washed out really well. It gives a great mist.

AKAHLF Guest

I make my own hair sheen spray and I know what you mean about the straight spray of oil. I like a mist. This is what I do....run hot water over the hole - maybe some oil clogged up the spout. Also, I add a little warm water to the oil mix to thin it out. Once I do that and give it a good shake, the mixture comes out in a fine mist.

I've bought the jojoba/shea sheen spray by CD. I love the smell so much that I only use it to perfume my braids after I've washed them. The texture is like that of olive oil, the spray is a tea color, and it smells like Tui - her fragrance. When I smell Tui, I smell a blend of tropical fruits and other stuff I can't identify! If you want to spend the money, buy it. I like how it keeps my hair moist and fragranced.

skegee94 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the detailed response AKAHLF. I will work on my spray bottle spout. Sometimes it does come out misty, so maybe it's just clogged.
    As for mixing oil and water, isn't there an ingredient (lecithin?) that makes them stay blended together? Otherwise I guess I'll just get a good upper body workout with all the shaking!